Finally I found this place for help. A LOT of verb 50 q's.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ab29x

Reaction score
I've been searching for a place like this. Here's the story. I baught a rectoverb 50 a year or so ago. I have been playing on and off for years. I cannot for the life of me figure out what Im missing or what I need. Here's the jist of my problems.

First and formost, I am really trying to dial in that creed/Alterbridge/tremonti sound and Im just not finding it. I have a Singlecut trem with tremonti's in it. If anybody has dial settings I'd really appreciate it.

2nd, I have a marshall ss 30w pos amp on top of it. I can get it to scream when I bend or play over the 12th fret on the marshall. However, on the rectoverb in 2nd channel, one of two things happens. Either It sounds like im almost playing on clean channel (at about 1oclock gain) or if I turn up the gain to about 3oclock it sounds like it breaks up on bends. Sorta like a very fast slap delay.

Maybe I need some sort of essential pedal im missing?

Im running my effects thru the front. Which consist of an VS H20 Liquid Chorus/echo(delay). and a Morley wah. I tried running them thru the efffects loop and they were almost non existant when applied. I don't quite understand the story behind that either.

Im very glad I found this place and I really appreciate any help I can find in these matters. If I didn't explain myself clearly enough. Let me know. I'll be happy to go into detail.

Thanks in advance,
AB

1st, tube overdrive and SS distortion are 2 different things. The SS amp will feel easier to play because of the compression that occurs when the gain is turned up. It's the same with my Tonelab modeler. Notes fly off the fretboard when I use the TLab. What you get with tube amps is a more natural sounding "gain" that will be slightly harder to work with but will sound better. It just requires more effort.
2nd, the Rec is a fickle amp and you can't push certain controls without pulling back on others. Treble is probably the most abused of the controls
My personal settings are: (Vintage or Modern)
Gain - 2:00 (3 is okay also)
Treble - 1:00
Mid - 11:30
Bass - 1:00
Presence - 9:00
Master - 10:00
Output (overall master) - 9:00 at home and whatever it takes at practise and gigs.

Also, be careful of the Master volume....the more I turn it up the muddier the sound seems to get.

ab29x said:
I've been searching for a place like this. Here's the story. I baught a rectoverb 50 a year or so ago. I have been playing on and off for years. I cannot for the life of me figure out what Im missing or what I need. Here's the jist of my problems.

First and formost, I am really trying to dial in that creed/Alterbridge/tremonti sound and Im just not finding it. I have a Singlecut trem with tremonti's in it. If anybody has dial settings I'd really appreciate it.

2nd, I have a marshall ss 30w pos amp on top of it. I can get it to scream when I bend or play over the 12th fret on the marshall. However, on the rectoverb in 2nd channel, one of two things happens. Either It sounds like im almost playing on clean channel (at about 1oclock gain) or if I turn up the gain to about 3oclock it sounds like it breaks up on bends. Sorta like a very fast slap delay.

Maybe I need some sort of essential pedal im missing?

Im running my effects thru the front. Which consist of an VS H20 Liquid Chorus/echo(delay). and a Morley wah. I tried running them thru the efffects loop and they were almost non existant when applied. I don't quite understand the story behind that either.

Im very glad I found this place and I really appreciate any help I can find in these matters. If I didn't explain myself clearly enough. Let me know. I'll be happy to go into detail.

Thanks in advance,
AB

for tremonti's EXACT live settings, go to guitar.com and search the video section for his personal tour of his rig. watch about 5 min and he shows u his exact settings.

TheRazMeister said:
1st, tube overdrive and SS distortion are 2 different things. The SS amp will feel easier to play because of the compression that occurs when the gain is turned up. It's the same with my Tonelab modeler. Notes fly off the fretboard when I use the TLab. What you get with tube amps is a more natural sounding "gain" that will be slightly harder to work with but will sound better. It just requires more effort.
2nd, the Rec is a fickle amp and you can't push certain controls without pulling back on others. Treble is probably the most abused of the controls
My personal settings are: (Vintage or Modern)
Gain - 2:00 (3 is okay also)
Mid - 11:30
Bass - 1:00
Output (overall master) - 9:00 at home and whatever it takes at practise and gigs.

Also, be careful of the Master volume....the more I turn it up the muddier the sound seems to get.

Appreciate the tip on the master. Here's a question. If Im getting crap for scream when I try playing a solo above lets say the 10th fret. You mentioned compression and SS, would a fix be a compression pedal? I tried one of these I believe and didnt notice a difference. (Memory's a little hazy. I just recently decided it was time to get some real help fixing these problems i mentioned in the first post.

Elpelotero said:
for tremonti's EXACT live settings, go to guitar.com and search the video section for his personal tour of his rig. watch about 5 min and he shows u his exact settings.

Thanks for this but when I go to guitar.com and find 'Mark takes you on a tour of his rig'. There is no link no nothing. Just unselectable text. If anyone has a working link or knows the settings it would be greatly appreciated.

Ty in advance.

I re-read your original post and my concern is the slap back delay comment. You may need to re-tube your amp...
If you could, try the settings I listed and also list the settings you use and I'll try them at home on my rec with a few different guitars.

ab29x said:
Appreciate the tip on the master. Here's a question. If Im getting crap for scream when I try playing a solo above lets say the 10th fret. You mentioned compression and SS, would a fix be a compression pedal? I tried one of these I believe and didnt notice a difference. (Memory's a little hazy. I just recently decided it was time to get some real help fixing these problems i mentioned in the first post.

click on the blue link to the left of "mark takes you on a tour..."

then select which stream you want. i suggest stream high for best quality. the video comes out as a popup, so perhaps you have a popup blocker? just try messing around with it.

if not i can search for his official site where he has the settings posted.

Gain - 2:00
Mid - 10:00
Bass - 3:00

I run a rocktron intelliflex in the loop.
This is what I use.......sounds very good to me.

Latest posts

Back