Finally Got The Lonestar In

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries wilerty. I think you just need to try as many cominations as you can with your PRS and come to the right conclusion for you. You may just have to stay with the Twin - as your perfect amp that cannot be bettered.

I'm not sure how many Strats you own Strat N My Stuff? If it's more than one can you not maybe toy with the idea of popping a Les Paul style pickup in the neck/bridge position in one of your Strats? - just to check for effect.

If the above is not an option - I would suggest 2 things. Try to track down a 2nd hand Gibson Les Paul Studio -- this gives you the full Les Paul standard package - but in a cheaper 'no thrills' version. These have retailed for around 800 GB Pounds in recent times - from new, so 2nd hand should be a lot cheaper.

Alternatively - for a 'Fender comfort meets Gibson sound' compromise... try a Mexican '72 Telecesater Thinline or Deluxe... the 2 Humbuckered versions. I absolutely adore these guitars. Decent Humbucker tone - which isn't too far away from Gibson... in a Fender Comfort and Playability package.

All just ideas for you.

Latest posts

Back