Finally got my Recto 4x12 from Mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newfinator

Reaction score
After a long wait due to my dealer initially ordering the wrong SKU I finally received my Recto over-sized cab with straight sides and angled baffle. I knew it would take a while as it isn't a standard catalog item.

Anyway, while I was waiting I was getting a little nervous that it would be too boomy based on some of the comments I read here. As it turns out it doesn't seem overly boomy at all with my Mark IV, in fact it sounds fantastic. Perhaps, I misinterpreted to extent of the added boominess.

I had been running it through my Marshall 4x12 with an X pattern of Celestion G12T-75s and Eminence "The Governors" and it sounded great through it but I think it sounds even better through the recto cab. It seems to push more air and sounds bigger without getting muddy or loosing definition.

I'm going to have to try running them both at the same time with Mark IV to see if they compliment or detract from one another.

Long story short, I am pleased with the new cab and feel it was worth the wait.

That's good to hear. I'm getting a new Recto cab in about 10 days for my Triple and I hope I'm as happy as you are!

the boominess is usually more apparent with a recto due to its extended bass range. the mark iv doesnt have as much bass and its a tighter, more mid heavy amp (when compared to the recto) so it being paired with a bigger, more bottom heavy cab should make a nice pairing.

I have both a slant oversized and a slant traditional and I am using a roadking head, and I dont think the oversized is to boomy at all, great lows, great crunch.

I will say they do sound different in tone, the oversized sounds more crisp is the only word I can use to describe it. I am really enjoying using my oversized right now as i am more into rythem playing and it gives me a great heavy sound.

I have a slant 4x12 recto cab that I absolutely love. I pllay classic rock and the cab just sings....is never boomy ...I do notice that I can really pump up my bass eq levels one or two notches higher than usual without any muddiness. Bass stays nice and tight to my ears anyway.

My smaller cabs dont respond as nicely with higher bass eq levels from my Roadster ( as expected).

Latest posts

Back