Finally got my MKIV headshell

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnster

Reaction score
I ordered this from Mesa a while back. I just wasn't happy with the combo tones and I always ended up hooking it up to my Recto 2X12 cab anyway so...here she is. I'm a sucker for the green/tan look :D

DSC01572.jpg

Finnster
Like you but a little different.
A few weeks ago I got the 2x12 cabinet took the guts out of my combo and put them back into a headshell I already had. But we both got to the same place like you the combo sound was not cutting it for me, convenient in some ways but that was it, much happier with the 2x12.

Nice color choices! Looks real nice mine looks so plain next to yours.
P8140294.jpg

That looks really sweet dude. If you don't mind me asking, how much does Mesa charge for headshells? I don't know if I wanna build my own or order one, I gotta see which way's cheaper. :lol:

Nice head. I've been looking to order one too. Have you contacted Mesa Boogie directly or did you order one through a dealer or distributor?

I'm so beyond jealous.. that's the exact combo I want for my mark IV!!!!!!!!!!

Would go well with my ace.

How much did that run you and how long did it take?

Seriously jealous as hell, that's gorgeous

looks great
how much did it cost??
where on the internet can you find the colours?

I ordered it with the reverb tank and fan already installed and wired. I did this for the simple fact that it was easier and less of a hassle. I think this was an additional $100. The custom color choice was another $100...I think. I was close to $500 when it was all said and done. Looking back I would have just done the reverb tank and fan install myself from my combo...afterall, it isn't that complicated. I think the headshells are about $300 from Mesa.

I ordered it directly from customer service over the phone. It took about 6 weeks to have it to my doorstep.

Plat---I sold my Ace.....that was a dumb move because I REALLY miss the tones that IT could only produce :evil:

**** that's salty, I was hoping it'd be near or below 300.

Looks awesome though.. so so jealous :p

If you ever decide to sell that 2x12 please PM me first :D

Sucks about the Ace, it really is a great amp. I don't use it as much now that I have the Mark IV but every now and again you just HAVE to plug a les paul into the Ace and crank the piss out of it.. my face hurts from the smile I have plastered on it after playing it.

**** Finnster--That looks great!

I need to find a job like yours so I can support an amp habit like yours!!

First the F-50, then the Roadster, then the Ace, then the Mark IV combo/head.

WHEW!! Do you have Mesa on speed dial?
:wink:

Mercury25 said:
**** Finnster--

First the F-50, then the Roadster, then the Ace, then the Mark IV combo/head.

WHEW!! Do you have Mesa on speed dial?
:wink:

When you put it like that I sorta feel looney-tunes :lol:

Latest posts

Back