Finally finished the Nomad 55 Combo to Head conversion!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

escher

Reaction score
Took about three weeks working during lunch hours with my co-worker, but this came out AWESOME!!!

We went to guitar center and modeled it after a Mark V. Only thing thats missing is black piping on the front - we tried but couldn't get it to work out.

We modified the design to use 1/2 inch instead of 3/4 to save on weight. I think it turned out great!

Lemme know what you think..

nomad-1.jpg

nomad-2.jpg

nomad-3.jpg

Nice!

How difficult is it to change from a combo to a headshell? Is it just a question of assembly or is there some wiring involved? My Mv Combo is a friggin back breaker! :lol:

sted said:
Nice!

How difficult is it to change from a combo to a headshell? Is it just a question of assembly or is there some wiring involved? My Mv Combo is a friggin back breaker! :lol:

No wiring - just make sure to leave enought room to fit the reverb tank in...

Just a thought...

I have the prototype head shell that I used while we built the final product - I could fix her up and cover it if anyone is interested? Say $150 plus shipping? I have no use for an empty headshell.

This will have 3/4 MDF sides, front and back and 3/4 plywood top and bottom.

Let me know if anyone is interested.... it will take me a week or so to finish it as this week is pretty booked up.

Latest posts

Back