Finally broke down and bought Triaxis and 2:90

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

OK, KSE was a bit of a tangent. Now back to more mainstream:

For JP, MOP, etc. Is gain largely a function of volume, or is everyone using very minimal gain and just muscling out the crunch and sustain? Or something else? It's really hard for me to believe that the paltry amount of gain in some of the patches I've tried could really be used in super-heavy, driving metal/progressive. They come out more like something I'd use for blues.

For JP, MOP, etc. Is gain largely a function of volume, or is everyone using very minimal gain and just muscling out the crunch and sustain?
It's all in the hands brother. I always had the Gain at 7.5 and the Lead Drive at 6.5 on LD2 Yellow. Fukin magical! If you need more gain then that then you need to look into different pups or maybe have your amp checked out. MOP tone for days.

The best way to get that tone is to use a superhot passive pick up. Gibson 500T's or DiMarzio Super Distortion are the best way to get close to the puppers tone if you already have the gear.

Hi Kids,

Thanks for all the comments. I revisited some of the patches I've been trying, especially the JP ones. Turns out they are much better at very high volume. So now I get it...

However, one thing I still am stuck on: yes, they have PLENTY of gain for chords, but what to do when playing fast chunky muted low string runs. Add more gain? Or more practice? It just seems a bit too weak/sterile/non-crunchy. Is it just a matter of what actually cuts through with the whole band?

elvis

The Triaxis is a bit stiff, but it will definitely feel ALIVE when playing with a band. Believe me. It has something to do with the wavelengths when it's in a band environment (my theory). It's the best sounding piece of "live gear" that I own.

Latest posts

Back