Finally acquired a Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkofXlnts

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my 2001 Mark IV short head. I also included a group shot with my Mark I and Studio Caliber. I am extremely happy with the Mark IV. Having never played one before, I think it sounds very similar to my Studio Caliber. I am running EL34's in the outside sockets and prefer them over the 6L6's. I am very happy with the Mark IV, although I still think the Studio Caliber is my favorite.

This is a follow up to my original post. After a few more hours of tweaking the Mark IV has become my new favorite. The clean sounds really remind me of my Studio Caliber. This amp is very tight sounding, I now know what everyone has been talking about. The lead channel in the Studio Caliber sounds more loose by comparison. I would encourage anyone who is considering a Mark IV to go for it, especially if you like to tweak.

MarkofXlnts said:
I would encourage anyone who is considering a Mark IV to go for it, especially if you like to tweak.

The more knobs and buttons, the bigger the party :lol:

Latest posts

Back