Fetron question (Mesa related)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Palmer

Reaction score
Hi,

Since Mesa used a Fetron, I decided to register and ask here. I have a late 80s Palmer amp (you know from the amp simulators) and this amp also has a fetron instead of a 12ax7 tube. My question is. Can I swap this Fetron for a 12ax7 without changing or damaging anything? I dont have a switch like some Mesa's do. Also where can I buy these. Or does someoen has one or two lying around and is willto sell (and ship overseas as I live in the Netherlands)

thnx in advance!

Michel

ok, found out these can be swapped without problems. Only thing is a 12ax7 gives less crunch, but it still sounds good.

The only thing left is to ask if anyone had one Fetron lying around and ding nothing with it

thnx!

Palmer,
if you check The Boogie Files site, there is some information about the Fetron circuit.
Regards

thnx, but my search is to obtain one. Btw, my hopes are some capacitors are faulty, and not my fetron... :)

I have a few NOS Teledyne 1009 Fetron's. These were bought new from Boogie many moons ago while they still had alot left.

P/M me if interested.

J-

jonarobb said:
I have a few NOS Teledyne 1009 Fetron's. These were bought new from Boogie many moons ago while they still had alot left.

P/M me if interested.

J-

You got PM, tnx

Back