Fender

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoove_Dogg

Reaction score
Has anyone ever played the Supersonic by Fender?
I got to tool around with a little bit at a local store the other day, but I was looking for a little insight from anyone who may own one. Or, just maybe had some experience playing them.
From first glance they seem pretty versatile. All I was able to do though was fly through some of those suggested settings. After reading a little on a Fender forum and some review site, there were some who were dogging it pretty hard... :?:

If you plan on buying one, first thing you do is check the bias. Dollars to dough nuts its wayyyyy off. I bought one a couple of weeks ago and thought it sounded a bit thin and basically not like it should. Had it re-biased and swapped all the tubes to JJ's and now if totally smokin

HTH

i tryed one out when i bought my stiletto ace head. i was totally blown away. ive owned a couple fenders and this one had the best od channel ive heard. i would of bought it if it had the reverb on the head version but it still sounded great with the prescence on. i got the stiletto at a steal but i was really tempted by the fender.

So, RAT...do you play the SS with a Strat?
Also, how do you have them re-biased? The only tube amp I've owned is my Single Rec.

Dogg,

My current rig is:
Suhr Classic Strat w/ HSH and coil taps
Heritage 20th Anniv H-535
Breedlove Focus Acoustic

Stiletto Ace 1x12
Fender Super-Sonic 1x12

I play either the Suhr or Heritage into it and sounds fantastic. As far as how to bias you amp, heres a link =)

http://www.diyguitaramp.com/bias.html

also the tech was saying that Fender under rated 2 capacitors in the phase inversion area that were .047 and needed to be .1. So he swapped those out also and hubba hubba what an awesome difference it made

SR

Latest posts

Back