Fender replace neck builders out there?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyddan

Reaction score
I want to replace the neck on my stratocaster to a slimmer 24 fret version with brazilian rosewood for more playability.

I've only seen warmoth doing custom jobs like this but there must be more. Anyone have any recommendations?

I'm not so certain even Warmoth does a 24 fret neck for an initially for a Strat body. Likely your Strat is a 25-1/2" scale. Warmoth DO build a 24-3/4 scale for an "existing" 25-1/2" scale body. But 24 frets is something completely different for an an initially 25-1/2" scale body. And even if they do build a 24 fret neck for you Strat body, not sure how the harmonic where your pickups are located will sound like.

USA Custom Guitar is your best bet and they'll tell you if they could do that.

Warmoth WILL NOT go out on limb and build you a customized neck to accomondate your Strat body. I'm on another forum where members asked Warmoth for customize work and they'll respond they cannot do it because of reconfiguring their tools etc ...

Of course someone here may e-mail Warmoth and Brian[?] Warmoth will respond : "Contrary what stated from customers and clients, we do customize necks."

But it takes a complaint before they consider your customize work.

But in all fairness, the stuff they are able to do and stock are excellent quality.

I haven't done business with USA Custom Guitar, but they are a bit more customer oriented.

Thanks for the replys.

I have already considered the measurements of the longer neck but since I have no problem taking the powertool to my beloved strat I will also adjust the saddle a little further down. I figured if I check the measurement of existing 24 fret prs guitars I could somehow experiment with a sweet spot I like. Possibly I'll even scoop the body so I can reach the upper frets easier. As long as the intonation is right I can place the mic's anywhere right?

hyddan said:
Thanks for the replys.

I have already considered the measurements of the longer neck but since I have no problem taking the powertool to my beloved strat I will also adjust the saddle a little further down. I figured if I check the measurement of existing 24 fret prs guitars I could somehow experiment with a sweet spot I like. Possibly I'll even scoop the body so I can reach the upper frets easier. As long as the intonation is right I can place the mic's anywhere right?

PRS is a 25 inch scale, Fender Strat is 25.5. You really need to do your homework before you have to endure my motto:

"One modification leads to another."

or worse yet, my Dad's motto:

"Cut it off twice and it's still too short?" :D :) :shock: :(

hyddan said:
Thanks for the replys.

I admire your ambition hyddan, but you are better off preserving your Strat and build a guitar body from the ground up with a 24 fret neck.

I have to retract, I think Warmoth does build a 24 fret neck for a 25.5 scale body, but the fingerboard runs into the cavity of the neck pickup so you will be without a neck pickup. Then as you mentioned, you may have to cut scoop the body to reach these upper frets.

True, if the intonation is correct, then it's trial and error where pickup placement for the "sweet spots".

As far as PRS scale, not sure if Warmoth has that scale but Carvin does but is a "through" tenon neck. Its the same one that StewMac carries.

i built my custom strat, using USACG

beautiful work, excellent quality.

Latest posts

Back