Fender American Strat through the mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez77

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with this set up? If so, how did you find it in all three channels? Help is greatly appreciated. :)

Im gonna get shot for this.......

I really adore it through the clean, tweed and crunch mode, dont like it at all in any of channel 3 modes though, its probably just not enough time spent with the two together but I just find it too grating with the higher gain channels.
Of course if anyone has some good settings then im all for getting my mind changed on this, I love strats and it does nigg;e that I cant get a good feel with mine in Ch3.

I have a couple of strats, plenty to love in channels 1 and 2. Haven't spent much time in channel 3 with the strats, but I just don't think their pickups handle high gain as well. It's not to say you can't find something in channel 3, but I think you have to be realistic and back off the gain a bit.

I think it depends on what you're expecting out of channel 3.

If you're expecting high gain blues lead tones, or maybe a little bit of Santana, you'll probably be happy.

If you're expecting to play Metallica on a bridge single coil... you probably won't be impressed.

I play a Jeff Beck signature Strat but that has hot noiseless pickups. It sounds fantastic through all three channels. I had sumarian cobalt pickups in my Deluxe but swapped them out for a set of hot noiseless so I have a useable spare. (The sumarian cobalt picups sounded dull through the V). I have a Kahler Strat with standard pickups in HSS format, the single coils sound a bit thin, definitely clean twangy territory but the humbucker sounds amazing (although the amp is set up for the hot pickups as that's my go to guitar).

Just got a new American Deluxe a couple of months back. LOVE it through the Mark V, especially in Ch.2 MK 1.

smd24fan said:
Just got a new American Deluxe a couple of months back. LOVE it through the Mark V, especially in Ch.2 MK 1.

Does your strat have the N3 noiseless pickups in it?

Do you have any soundclips? I may be getting a set. Would love to hear them! :)

I love my strat on CH 1 & 2 but I also don't much care for it on channel 3.

My Strat has Texas Specials. One thing I've noticed with it is that it's very easy to get good sounds on Mark I mode with the Strat as compared to my other guitars. The extra brightness helps prevent that mode from being too boomy and flubby.

eudaimonia02912 said:
My Strat has Texas Specials. One thing I've noticed with it is that it's very easy to get good sounds on Mark I mode with the Strat as compared to my other guitars. The extra brightness helps prevent that mode from being too boomy and flubby.

Thats a very good point actually, my old strat had TS and I reckon they would be ideal on the Mark 1 mode, hmmm....

Back