Feel free to check out my new youtube mark iv vid guys!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lessarti

Reaction score
Take a look and more importantly a listen to the sounds ;). I am playing the combo through my 4x12 bogner cab. Sounded very nice in the room.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2cMCJJUMo0

i was hoping someone had a opinion on the sound by now, how is the sound considering?

I have recently gone to pentode, the recording was triode/class A / harmonics, im still using harmonics and class A but with pentode it sounds WAY similar to the red stripe in my ears at least! I kind of was in shock as i had never tried pentode lately but it really adds this punchiness. It makes sense what I keep hearing and reading about these amps, you really do have to get to know the amp seriously well. I cant say enough good things about this thing! I regret thinking of getting rid of it when it had to be repaired. :!:

The sound of the guitar overshadows the sound of your rig to much, try setting of your mic closer to the cabinet and go to the other end of the room when your are playing , or crank it :wink:

Other then that it sounds great, but needs more oomph IMO but i think is because the mic is not abel to pick up the lower frq, a good condenser is what you really want ,

duoh.. i was afraid of that! the mic was really sensitive (camera mic is what i am using here, i've got a sm57 but i dont know how to record it with the vid im techless on this issue lol)

The guitar acoustically you can hear the picking so clear so i know it is hard to judge.

The low end was definately there trust me ;) However recently switchin to pentode, as the vid was triode, I noticed that the amp really has more punch.. i need to make another vid to compare perhaps.. anyone else please chime in with your thoughts ?

Latest posts

Back