Feedback

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verity38

Reaction score
Hey guys, Quick question. I have been having some problems with feedback problems latily my rig consists of

Orange 4x12
Dual Rec. Two Chan
Gibson SG
Monster Cables
and a Wireless system

Is there any settings that will give me less feeback when i dont want it and give me feedback when i want it?

For instance: In a intro to a song or something by going next to my cab.

Thanks, sorry for my poor typing if you have any questions please ask. I really need to do something about it before my band starts playing shows regularly.

Try muting your strings when you aren't playing. While you are playing you shouldn't be getting feedback anyway. Sometimes too high of a gain setting will give you feedback. Try turning your gain down. You can try playing a little further away from your amp too. Another option is to turn your guitar volume off. Then there is always gates and feedback detroyers...

If you are going the noisegate/supressor route, make sure you check out the ISP decimator, they make a rack and stomp version and works wonders. Even a boss ns-2 will do a pretty good job, but IMO the ISP is a great noise gate.

Back