FCB-1010 Midi Pedal & G-Major I Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still leaning toward the G-Major instead of the GT-10. I have a GT-3 and it's really cool. But....I will never use the distortions or preamps, and I think that TC has better delays.

So......my question is:
On the FCB, with the G-Major I, can I set it up so that the bottom 5 buttons change presets and amp channel settings (within each preset)
1 Clean
2 Clean w/EQ
3 Lead
4 Lead w/EQ
5 ???? Hopefully Solo Boost

6 Modulation FX on/off
7 Pitch on/off
8 Wah on/off (assigned to one of the expression pedals)
9 Delay on/off
10 Tap Tempo

Expression 1 (left) Volume pedal
Expression 2 (right) Wah or other FX like Whammy

Is it possible to do this with this pedal and the G-Major?
Is there a better AFFORDABLE pedal that can do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know that many of you guys have been supporting the GT-10, but honestly, I just don't see it working for my particular setup/needs and I don't see myself using very many of it's functions.
I think that the GT would be the most simple, but honestly, I have size 13 feet and hate to have a bunch of stuff going on underneath me. I like the simplicity of just 1 pedal that doesn't have my FX in it. Just incase something is spilled or some fool kicks it, etc. and I like the idea of a soft rack, right next to my amp that has a power conditioner and my FX in it. I roll the cables up and put them inside the rack for easy transport, etc.

The Behringer pedal doesn't have the "stomp box" set up stock but there is a free update (http://www.ossandust.be/midi-footcontroller-order.php) This will allow you to set up the midi board the way you want it.

Personally I was never a fan of the Boss GT-3. I had one for about 6 months and got rid of it. I like my g-major a lot more.

Hey thanks!

I figured it couldn't do what I wanted from reading the manual.

The only reason I'm looking at this pedal is because I am stuck with American Musical's payment plan and I'm a little broke right now.
Is there a different pedal that you would recommend from them?

I used to use a Roland midi pedal and it was stellar. But....that was 15 years ago.

Here is the list from AMS:
http://www.americanmusical.com/ItemSearch--search-midi-foot-controller--srcin-1

Here is the Roland one that AMS carries:
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-ROL-FC300-LIST

It simply doesn't have the amount of buttons that I think I would want. I think the one I used to use was called the FC-100 or something.

The problem with AMS is that your cost has to be over $249 to do the payment plan.

The Roland one is nice and would do everything you want and you could do the payment plan on it with them.

Another good pedal that does what you want is the Rocktron midimate. It doesn't have the expression pedals on it though. Sweetwater sells them for cheaper than AMS and Sweetwater just recently started doing 3 payment plans on everything including mesa amps!!! http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDIMATE/

I'm using a rolls midibuddy that I got off ebay for 50 bucks. It doesn't do the stomp box thing but I don't mind. I can still have 10 presets one tap away.

I had a Midi Buddy for a long time, the toggle feature is great!

The Roland one won't do what I want because it only has 1 row of buttons.
I basically want it to do what the G-System does. 1 row of buttons for preset changes and 1 row for individual stomp box on/off or parameter changes.

I don't want a G-System though. Had one. Luckily, the luster wore off before the 30 day return policy did! :lol:

The Rocktron pedal looks cool, but it only has 1 row of buttons and they are tiny. I used an ADA footswitch for a long time and it always drove me nuts that I could hit 2 or 3 buttons at once.

Can the Midi Buddy do what I'm asking? If so, that may be a great alternative. I can add an expression pedal to it!

I don't think the midi buddy can be set up to have the two seperate rows (one for patches and one for fx).

what about this yamaha one?

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-YAM-MFC10-LIST

It would work with their payment plan and it has two rows of buttons and it can makes all the control changes. I don't know of anyone who uses this board though so I don't know how good it is. Just a thought though.

Program Change/Function Mode: Used Together: Program Change mode and Function mode can be used together. Foot switches [6-0] are fixed as Function switches, and foot switches [1-5] are used for program changes.

Looks like it will do the trick! Thanks! I'll do some looking around to see how reliable it is. Do you have any experience with this pedal?

Thanks again for all of your help!

Just got this back from the Uno guy:
that's how UnO "stompbox mode" works indeed. You can have 5 global stompboxes on the top row, and 19 banks of 5 presets on the bottom row. In each preset you can program a different initial state for the 5 stompboxes.

So, now it's just a question of which one is better quality, easier to program, etc.?

Latest posts

Back