favorite overdrive / boost pedal you use with your LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gimme789

Reaction score
What favorite overdrive / boost pedals are you using with your LSC ?

I want to set up CH 2 to a nice crunch setting, but would also like to step on
a box to make a nice sustainy type lead with the same channel.

I know that all boxes do not sound as good with different amps.

Thanks!

I have a modded Boss SD-1 and Ibanez Tubescreamer. Upgraded with better parts, true-bypass, dead silent.....both are great. Prefer the TS for the crunch channel.

BB preamp. Can be used to add gain or boost. Nice for smooth singing sustain.

Fulltone Fulldrive II - winner for me with both LSC and MKV. Both amps love good, transparent OD / Boost pedals for both clip and serious crunch :D

hands down.

FULLTONE OCD!!!!

big frikkin' marshally OD into ch 1 which cleans up veddy nicely!
I dont normally use a ped with ch2 but it does get a bit over the top in a great way!

I have used my Radial Tonebone classic with stellar results too but have now moved to using the LS ch 2 for my big OD tone. (drive & gain set at 3 o'clock)
when i roll off the volume on my guitar i can get ch 2 to clean up to where it is similar to the drive off setting for cleaner chording and a bit of hair!

I play all styles professionally and this amp is not missing a beat in delivering all of the tones that i need in my current career!!
Thanks MESA!!!

ziehmrd said:
BB preamp. Can be used to add gain or boost. Nice for smooth singing sustain.

+1. I leave my gain at about 9:00. Just adds that singing vibe

Well, I was diggin' on this for a while....but now....

wi001.jpg

I'm diggin' on this. :wink:

wi002.jpg

I use an Effectrode Tube Drive with my LSC into channel 1 set clean - amazing addition of a third channel!!!

+1 for the BB Preamp

Sounds good on it's own but even better when driving the lead channel of my Lonestar Classic.

Menatone's King of the Britains is nice.
So is the Fulltone OCD

The Lonestar Classic takes to most pedals well. I've used a Cochrane Tim, Boss SD1, Fulldrive 2, all with good success.

I'm also using that and a Fulltone Fat Boost v2 for just a little bit of hair.

Latest posts

Back