Favorite Mode on the Stiletto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fat CLEAN, Tight Gain. I'm sold on this amp but having a hard time letting go of my Tremoverb. I enjoyed playing the Ace.

Tite Gain on my Stage 1 is rather bright so I kick the treble setting to 5:00 or OFF, Mid at around 11:00, Bass around 12:00 or 1:00, Presence at 9:00-10:00, still experimenting with the EQ settings in the loop. I keep the gain under 12:00 and boost the signal out front. I find that I can get decent clean sounds on all channels by keeping tha gain around 9:00 and dial in volume with the master and output. A bit of delay helps as well.

Overall I'm still most impressed with Channel 1 Crunch for it's versatality when using the guitar volume to control the dirt.

I'm still waiting for the funds for a new cab so we shall see what else she has to offer. :D

TTS

Crunch on channel 1 and tite gain on channel 2. I mostly play hard rock or some attempt at that. Crunch cleans up pretty well by turning down the guitar's volume and I've got the gain on channel 2 at around 10-11 o'clock. I'm also using the solid state rectifier on channel 1 and flipping between the two rectifiers on channel 2. Remember that JMP 50's and 100's used SS rectifier circuits... 8)

"Remember that JMP 50's and 100's used SS rectifier circuits... "

So did the 66' thru 69' Plexies.

I have a Trident I. I play punk, hard rock and metal.

Tite Clean w/ tube rectifier

Tite Gain w/ SS rectifier

Bold setting and a full time clean boost...Look out :)

The Fluid drive on my amp is worthless in my opinion. Has no lowend. This is funny because my amp has the factory "Fluid Drive Mod" done to it. It basically made the Fluid Drive thin and wimpy (mesa calls this "tite") but made the Tite Gain absolutely huge.

I dont think I can pick just one from each, i'm diggin them all :D

I'm going with Fat Clean and Fluid Drive, tube rectifers and some volume!

Although I had a good run on Saturday using crunch on both channels, Set to sound similar but a bit more dirty for leads on Channel 2 - what this amp is capable of is great!

droptrd said:
I have a Trident I. I play punk, hard rock and metal.

Tite Clean w/ tube rectifier

Tite Gain w/ SS rectifier

Bold setting and a full time clean boost...Look out :)

The Fluid drive on my amp is worthless in my opinion. Has no lowend. This is funny because my amp has the factory "Fluid Drive Mod" done to it. It basically made the Fluid Drive thin and wimpy (mesa calls this "tite") but made the Tite Gain absolutely huge.

I use a MXR ten band eq in my loop. Since I've purchased the recto 4x12, fluid drive IMO is actually usable. Without the eq, all modes sound weak and rather quirky. Fluid drive on mine has tons of low end, the most of any of the 6 settings. I'd say 80% of the time I'm on fat clean, bold, tube recto tracking with a few effects out front including a dirt box. I stopped using a delay and am quite happy with the tone I'm getting. I'm going to start experimenting with different OD and distortion pedals.

TTSTWO said:
"Remember that JMP 50's and 100's used SS rectifier circuits... "

So did the 66' thru 69' Plexies.

The JMP's were "plexis" until July 1969, when Marshall switched the faceplates from the plexi-type material to aluminum. The 1959 (100-watt) and the 1987 (50-watt) model JMP's were in production from '67 through '81.

flieger67 said:
Crunch on channel 1 and tite gain on channel 2. I mostly play hard rock or some attempt at that. Crunch cleans up pretty well by turning down the guitar's volume and I've got the gain on channel 2 at around 10-11 o'clock. I'm also using the solid state rectifier on channel 1 and flipping between the two rectifiers on channel 2. Remember that JMP 50's and 100's used SS rectifier circuits... 8)

AMEN, crunch on 1 gain at between 12-1 o'clock and use guitar volume to clean up. Tite gain on channel 2 similar gain to you 11ish. I play classic rock and modern rock. I use tube rectifiers and 50watts on both channels.

Crunch on Channel 1 and Tite Gain on Channel 2

Does anybody else think there is more bass on tite gain?

Yeah, I have a trident stage 1 and I find too much highs on fluid drive.

Crunch 1 is awesome, you can do so much with it.

Latest posts

Back