Favorite Mode on the Stiletto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverwulf

Reaction score
So out of all the modes on the Stiletto, which one is your favorite (Fat or Tite Clean, Crunch, Tite Gain and Fluid Drive) and what style of music do you use it to play?

Tight clean and fluid drive, playing anything from classic rock to modern metal. I may switch over to fat clean this weekend to blend a little better with my other guitarist.

Right now I'm digging Tite Clean and Tite Gain. We're playing a hybrid of classic to modern metal, and I'm digging Tite Gain for the hot rodded JCM 800 vibe it has. For modern metal, I was running Tite Gain with the Gain at 2 o'clock and no boost in front last practice.

Crunch I.

i think it's the most versatile mode that ive played and heard on any amp that i put my hands on.

it can go from clean to very mean with the volume knob and hands dinamics. i can make a whole set with just it (classic rock, hard rock, like thin lizzy, Lynyrd, AC/DC, Stones and the likes) 8)

Tite Gain seems to be getting a lot of love. I figured Fluid Gain would get more hits. I also agree with Vigo, the Crunch 1 is very nice for that classic hard rock sound.

i always go back and forth between fluid drive and tite gain for modern metal. I don't know which is better really, they both are awesome but I seem to play a little more on fluid drive.

Contrary to the mesa manuals, I seem to think tite gain has more bass and sub bass than fluid drive does, and I got a stage II.

Does anybody else think there is more bass on tite gain?

I'm in a classic rock cover band. We play the old stuff from the Yardbirds to Black Sabbath.
Channel 1 Fat Clean and Channel 2 Crunch are what I use the most.
They just seem to fit that era in terms of tone and gain. I think anyway.

Oh, yes Bold and Diodes or my band mates Shiva will chew me up and spit me out!

I own a stage I Deuce, the two modes I use are:

-Channel 1 Crunch
-Tite Gain

Ch 1 Crunch lets me go from almost pristine clean to nice breakup w/ my volume knob alone. I have the gain set very low, at about 9 o'clock. I also suplement this with a boost from a BB pre or and OCD. In fact, my main rhythm OD tone is usually the BB into Ch1 Crunch. I would use just the Crunch channel for this (with the gain boosted some), but I need a clean sound. Well, almost clean....

Tite gain does the perfect beefed up JCM tone that I like. Gain set at about 2-3 o'clock. Again, if needed the BB and OCD are there to push the channel to more gain then I ever really need. Also use an EQ in the loop to boost certain fequencies for a more modern sound, but I don't do this too often.

-K

Classic Rock: Fat Clean and Tite Gain. And I use an Xotic AC boost to give Fat Clean a crunch for a tone somehwere b/w Fat Clean and Tite Gain. My gain on Tite Gain is only at 10:00. I find it a little fatter than the Crunch channel.

This weekend I'm going to try Fat Clean and Tite Gain. Learning new material and I need to switch between a clean and dirty sound. A little EQ tweekage will be necessary to get it ripe.

Fluid Drive,bold,silicon diodes, presence 1:30,bass 2:00,mid 11:30,treb 11:00,gain 1:00,,, if anyone else has some killer tone settings please share..

Latest posts

Back