favorite Mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DC's.

I have 3 now. I just picked up a DC-5. They make me not even think about playing my Soldano Lucky 13. Poor amp, looks all lonely in the corner. :D

I have to admit that I have done some mods to my DC-2 though. I had to replace the Output Transformer, and recently, I replaced the speaker with a Celestion Heritage 30. This amp smokes.

I haven't had time to get to know my DC-3 yet, but I will.

Of Course the one I own DC-5 head w/112 cabinet pctured to the left.I use it mainly in places the Marshall is too big for or when I really want to nail that Santana tone
P1010020.jpg

I've tried a few mesa's, so this is difficult to choose...I guess my favorite is my Mark IIB head.

screamingdaisy, sorry if I stole your signature sentence...i though i heard it somewhere else...

Well I haven't tried many, just the Road King and Mark IV and out of the 2 my favorite is definately the Mark IV.Amazing little amp, goes so well with my Parker too.Now I just need to sell my EBMM 7 string(7 strings just dont work for me which is a shame) and then invest in a nice rack effect setup.
So if anyone is looking for a brand new fully loaded EBMM JP7 let me know. ;)

Another Mesa amp I haven't had any experience with but have heard sound clips of is the F-50, that seems to be a great amp.My friend is going to try to get one of them then I can see what it is really like.

Oh I would also like to go with willrocks answer too, the triaxis and IIc+ really seem to be awesome amps as well!

Hi All,
I would have to say my Mark I and matching Thiele Imbuya setup and a Blue Angel, I used to have a BA, I have one currently behind my desk that im going to buy real soon.

Steve

MKIV. Amazes me that an amp can be so versatile and sound so good at the same time. Can go from a great clean to a greasy grinding blues to screaming singing shred and pull off each one with style.

Raymund said:
You might be surprised but my favourite is the Studio 22.
almost all of The Boogies guitar amps are my fav..but My "special" Fav are DC2 ,Mark IV wide body (vintages),LoneStar Special, F-30 and F-50 (for the combos)..
Studio Pre and 90/90 for the Racks
Triple rectifier and the Roadking for the "Heads"

I do fav them coz.. I own or hire or at least sometimes have a changes to played them LOUD ...
:wink:
FYI : I'm also a Jakarta citizen :)

Back