Famous Mesa Boogie Player Pictures

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Here ya go. There is one great show where they seem to both have their own cabinets. Probably running in stereo by that point.

Yeah, that was the only pic I could find with the 2 Mesas for some reason. Eventually I think he just had 2 Rectos and separate 4x12s for each, but I could be wrong.

Ok, so I know Jerry has already been mentioned above, but I've always loved this picture (and this show): Lindley Meadows in Golden Gate Park, SF CA, 9/28/75.
jerry mark 1.jpg

IMG_2253.png
Afghan Whigs. Seen them every time they’ve come through Seattle since 2010. Their entire back line each time has been loaded with Mesas. Usually the loudest shows I will see that year.

Not an expert, couldn’t tell you what model.

View attachment 4529Afghan Whigs. Seen them every time they’ve come through Seattle since 2010. Their entire back line each time has been loaded with Mesas. Usually the loudest shows I will see that year.

Not an expert, couldn’t tell you what model.
Looks like a Lonestar in the middle. If so can't tell if that is a LSS or LSC. It's possible the one on left may be RA100? Cool color scheme

Rig Rundown 2017

Last edited:
O.p.: if you really want to get in deep,if you look in these mesa catalogs ( 1 only has a roster list of players), there are hundreds of major artists' pics of thier mesa rigs.Bass & guitar users.
Back in the day I collected boogie literature. These catalogs,price lists,press releases, etc were all sittin on the local music stores' counter tops.Many people ignored them.I grabbed em all.Especially impatiently awaiting the nxt years catalog release- this was pre internet for a while.View attachment 4401View attachment 4402
Yep! I had quite a few of those old catalogs. The main purpose of making this thread was to:

1. post up players/bands that weren’t necessarily endorsers of M/B, but used M/B products.

2. Provide a visual encyclopedia of the gear artists used, whether it’s studio pics, live shows, or anything in between (such as borrowing another band’s backline).

Those catalogs were super cool, and really well done. I haven’t seen one in quite a while though. Is M/B still releasing them?

Last edited:
Back