Fair price for a Rect-O-Verb?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.I.G.

Reaction score
I have major GAS for the new Roaster head (now that I know what "GAS" stands for) and would probably have to get rid of my Recto-O-Verb in order to afford it.

With that said, what do you guys think would be a fair asking price for a Series II Rect-O-Verb head that's just over a year old, has about 50-60 playing hours on it, without a scratch, and has never been gigged with? Everything is all original (including tubes). I have the slip cover, footswitch, original receipt, etc.

I was just curious so I know about what I'd be looking at if I put it on eBay. I might also sell it to my brother for a better price.

I'd check ebay for completed listings for one in the same shape yours is in to see what the current going price is. I know I sold my ROV combo a few months ago on ebay and got $875 + shipping of $75 and mine was just over a year old in almost mint condition with new mesa power tubes (and sent the old tubes too for backup).

You might want to check on the shipping status of the Roadster before selling your ROV?!? The new Road King isn't shipping out for current orders placed until mid April. I have been trying to decide if I can go 3 or 4 months without my current Road King to put an order, and down payment, in for a new Road King. I don't know if I can do without my boogie for that long with as many gigs as I play :?: , I may have to find one in stock sometime later this year and go that route. :(

If you have a backup, then you may not be worried about not having a Boogie for a few months. Just a little FYI

I've seen them go for $800 - $1000.

Most boogie players "in the know" are going to try to get them for no more than about $900...... But a NOOB on the 'Bay might pay a G for it....

Good advise tele! Yeah, most of the ROV's are going for around $800-$900 on eBay.

When I asked the guys at the Mesa camp at NAMM when to expect the new products on the shelf, they said later this spring. The models they had there were one-of-a-kind prototypes but will look just like that when they roll out (see my "NAMM pics!" thread). I remeber that was the case when they announced the Stilleto at NAMM a couple years back and you didn't start seeing them until spring.

I have a Dual Rec that I use primarily for band practice and gigs. I use the ROV at home. I could probably part with it early if I got a good price on it, but will probably hold onto it until I see the Roadster hit the shelves.

I just bought my series II in December for 800 + shipping. It was used with about 10 hours on it. Excellent condition... looks brand new! :D

Back