Fair price for a dual recto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manicsix

Reaction score
G'day all,

I'm thinking about taking the plunge and buying a 3 ch dual recto. The seller has $2300 (Aus dollars) on it, the serial is in the high 30000s. I am guessing it's a 2005-2007 model according to the # and what he tells me.

I could import one from the US, but I think i'd be looking at around US$1000 for the head, $200+ shipping, and $200+ for a stepdown transformer.

New duals sell for around $3900+ in Australia. What do you think of the price considering it is in excellent cosmetic condition?

If your comfortable with the $2300AU I'd say go for it. I know they are not falling off trees Down Under. There are several Aussies on this Board.

Welcome to the board!

Good luck.

Thanks clutch, you sure are right. I rarely see any high-gain amps for sale where I live, let alone mesas. It's usually nothing but marshall or SS pieces of ****.

The current exchange rate is 1 AUD = 0.947936 USD. But as I'd most likely have to buy from ebay, paypal will rort me senseless with their ridiculous exchange rate (probably 0.85-0.90).

Seems a bit high, actually. I saw a DR at L&M for $1400 the other day... even with the exchange rate and S&H I can't see the price going up $1000.

Don't look on price! Buy it! I bought one 4 days ago and I really must say, that it's the best amp I did ever play!I don't think that there will change anything in future!

2300 is really good go for it they usually go for about 2500 or more and id say that recto is 2004-5 ish i think

Latest posts

Back