Factory Upgraded C+'s

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveP

Reaction score
I picked up what I thought was a Mark IIC a few weeks ago. I was planning on upgrading to a C+.
When the amp arrived it had a + over the power cord. Of course I thought that will save me a couple of hundred for the upgrade.
Comes to find out that back in 1984 if you had a Mark IIC Mesa would upgrade to a C+ for free. They would replace the RP10 with the
factory correct RP11 preamp circuit board. I wonder how many of these are out there. At this point the only difference is the faceplate
"pull boost as oppose to "pull deep". It was a pleasant surprise considering the lower overall price for an upgraded C+ in general.
As an added bonus this one also has the X101 export transformer. Although it wired for 117v it can be converted to 220-240 without
much effort. Mesa used whatever they had laying around at the time it appears.
I sent it in to Mike B for an overall and should have it back next week. Caps, cleaning etc..
Never overlook a ratty looking Mark IIC you might be surprised what's under the hood.

hey,

nice find! sometimes i see nice boogie amps for sale from Highland park, IL. is that you selling them?

Scott
chicago

zodiac272 said:
hey,

nice find! sometimes i see nice boogie amps for sale from Highland park, IL. is that you selling them?

Scott
chicago

I have posted a few recently, just a matter of checking local shops, craigslist and eBay. C+'s turn up but you have to stay on top it, they don't last long. Garage sales, estate sales. You can find some gems out there.

Latest posts

Back