F!!! you Apple!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpelotero

Reaction score
Thanks to the crappy hardware on my Macbook, I just lost a cd with the last remaining documents from my old hard drive (which I lost thanks to Dell). Despite the efforts of customer service, the optical drive is gone forever and I will never see my cd again. This pisses me off because I sent this computer in to get the optical drive fixed one month ago, so this should not have even been a problem.

I've been duped twice by the two biggest computer manufacturers in the industry. Pieces of effin %&*$!

so youre blaming dell for you not following the first rule of computers

rule#1: backup backup backup, then backup your backup

and i'm assuming you only left the cd in the mac because it wouldnt open? there shouldve been a small hole on the face of it to use a paperclip on the emergancy release to open it.

The backup of the Dell was the cd that got stuck in the Apple. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way Apple Macbooks DO NOT have an external, or internal, "button" to hit with a paper clip to eject the disk. Once it's in, it's in. The tech guys told me the only way to get it out is "electronically." That's very poor designing IMO by Apple.

I called within minutes of finding out I didn't get my cd back and the thing was already out of the repair center and back in the hands of the manufacturers getting destroyed. Unbelievably bad luck.

F you Apple for pushing out Safari for windows through an quicktime/iTunes update. I don't want your security vulnerability filled browser on my system.

thats some bad luck there. i knew i could find more reasons to hate macs. there is no reason for them not to have an emergancy eject, hell they even use intel based hardware now.

and as a dell tech support rep i'll say the same thing i tell my customers, a failed hard drive is not dell's fault, might be maxtor's or seagate's or westerndigital's fault. but dell does not manufacture hard drives or cdrom drives or ram or anything like that. hell even Asus makes dell motherboards.

so it sucks that you had that luck, and it sucks even more that apple makes stupid designs. this is why i build my own systems, although i am thinking of getting a cheap refurbished dell from there outlet site.

Elpelotero said:
The backup of the Dell was the cd that got stuck in the Apple. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way Apple Macbooks DO NOT have an external, or internal, "button" to hit with a paper clip to eject the disk. Once it's in, it's in. The tech guys told me the only way to get it out is "electronically." That's very poor designing IMO by Apple.

I called within minutes of finding out I didn't get my cd back and the thing was already out of the repair center and back in the hands of the manufacturers getting destroyed. Unbelievably bad luck.

There's absolutely no reason why; since the CD drive was being removed and replaced, the backup CD could not have been easily retreived and returned to you. That's BS and I'd chew somebody out for it just to make myself feel better. :evil:

you are ill informed to the point its laughable. dell will never tell you to contact the manufacturer of the individual parts. if you steal a hard drive from a dell for instance and call seagate, they will look up the serial number and advise you to call the OEM that you got the drive from, in this instance that would be dell. and i'd like to see where there is a garuntee of a 30day fix? most issues with dell are resolved within 1.5weeks as a high average.

the other components dont usually kill each other, a defective part is a defective part, they are all man made and there will be failures. every company uses the same companies for there hardware.

batteries:sony, panasonic, teac
hard drives:seagate, hitachi, western digital, maxtor, samsung
cdrom:sony, toshiba, panasonic

this is the way of the world. hell its not like mesa manufacturers tubes and capacitors. no, they use the industry standard components to build the products they know how to build.

gts said:
Sorry, I shouldn't have said anything. You probably haven't been at Dell very long. I stopped using them after the fiasco described above. And it happend more then once. I was a fool to give them a 2nd chance. Perhaps things have changed since that time but it was typical "Computer Company" behaviour (Dell in particular)!

It doesn't surprise me Elpelotero has had some similar foolish crap go on. It was rampant in the "computer" industry then so why not now.

Read again, nowhere did I state they guarantee a fix withn 30 days. However they used to claim they resolve all problems within 30 days.
1.5 weeks on average. How many newly generated case numbers on unsolved "30 day" issues helps keep that average down? Oops sorry I'm asking another laughable, out of touch, ill informed question...... Nope, never happened to me, must have been my imagination.

Dead issue.

actually this week was my one year anniversary at dell. my question to you is what line of dell are you using? if youre using a inspiron or dimension then that may be part of it, if youre using a optiplex or latitude then i'd be surprised.

as for your thing about cases, well, this is true for ALL support dept's out there. according to policy if its the same issue that has been followed up on by the customer within a week then i should use the same case #, if its an extended period of time between contacts or a new issue then it should be a new case #. the problem comes in when its the inidividual agent that decides to open a new case, and yes there are reasons for them doing this, theyre shelfish and trying to skew there own stats. by opening a new case i am not "hitting" the previous agent that handled the issue, therefore he will have a better fix/resolve rate and that is how tech's are graded on part of there performance.

its never been dell's policy to open a new case all the time, its the individual trying to work over the system that does that.

Latest posts

Back