F-Series Discontinued & Tube Stories

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So just to add to what I said above, I just got my MXR six band EQ last night, and hooked it up through the FX loop of my F100.

First of all, the EQ should be called 'balls machine'. Secondly, without much trouble I was able to dial in a much richer, thicker tone (dirty channel), and was absolutely amazed at the difference it could make without making any massive changes to the EQ itself.

If your F series isn't giving you what you want out of the drive channel, try one of these out.

I have also found that changing out V1 for a NOS does wonders for the hiss I get on the gain channels, as well making the clean channel even more bouncy. If you have the cash try an old 12AX7.

Hi I have a 2003 f50 no grill logo and the alloy u channel on the back. I didn't like the mc 90 I found it quite clinical at lower volumes. After alot of reseach I have swapped it out for a celestion gold and I liked it so much I built a single 12 open back ext cab with another gold in it. I often wonder what it would sound like with a pair of 10s in the ext cab. But at the time I thought it go be an dear option.
I now have my eye on a jj high gain set from euro tubes.

Back