F-30 speaker options

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artmusic

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm wondering if there is a good speaker replacement option for my F-30. Right now I am using the stock speaker together with a Thiele cab w/c-90. Trying to get a warmer sound from the setup. i do want something that will maintain volume levels as I use this amp to gig. Just looking for something a bit warmer without buying another amp, otherwise I love this amp overall.
Thanks,
Art

Hellatone 30 from Avatar speakers, nice tapered highs, used on my F30. Eminence speakers makes an incredible amount of speakers, just call customer service and tell them what you want.

Thanks Fishy, I have an extra 1x12 cab with a "Tonker" 12", the cab is not something i want to carry aound but was wondering how that might sound in the F-30. Guess I should get out the screwdriver... Do you know if you need to remove the chassis to trade out speakers in the F-30?
Art

I have an Eminence Tonker in my Express 5:50.

It is louder, brighter and has a stronger, more articulate bottom end than the original C-90.

Clean, it makes the low E string on a Tele really pop. Distorted, it's less flabby sounding than the C-90.

The C-90 is warmer sounding to the point of almost being dull.

Unfortunately the loop is parallel, so I don't think the eq would be effective. I guess I'm trying to offset the slightly boxy sound to get something a bit fuller, rounder. The amp is great, I just want to improve where I can. One thing I do notice when using the Thiele cab, the sound doesn't develop until about 20 feet away from the amp. If I'm too close it blows right past me.
Art

Artmusic said:
Unfortunately the loop is parallel, so I don't think the eq would be effective. I guess I'm trying to offset the slightly boxy sound to get something a bit fuller, rounder. The amp is great, I just want to improve where I can. One thing I do notice when using the Thiele cab, the sound doesn't develop until about 20 feet away from the amp. If I'm too close it blows right past me.
Art
EQ works fine in the F-series loop. Just turn up the mix to maximum. :D

Latest posts

Back