Extra Triaxis Support for Rack

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaGod666

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any products that can help support the weight of my Triaxis. I shutter to think of what may happen as I haul this rig around the US this fall.

27205_387468972459_506137459_3769696_5310306_n.jpg

Since you have two, why not put them at the bottom, ontop of the 2:90? Also with all that extra space in there, have you thought of a smaller more mobile rack or maybe separating all that into two racks?

desertdweller said:
Since you have two, why not put them at the bottom, ontop of the 2:90? Also with all that extra space in there, have you thought of a smaller more mobile rack or maybe separating all that into two racks?

I totally tried the smaller rack idea and here's what I ran into:
Signal interference, poor ventilation, insufficient versatility, and awkward/unstable rack positioning. I hate having my nice gear near people's feet or sitting somewhere awkward (such as, on top of a cab) or in a fellow bandmates or crew's blind spot. I also hate having a cluttered pedal board. All too often I dealt with signal interference (usually from the pedalboard) and too much unnecessary risk of damage and theft. Even though I have insurance on all of my stuff, I wanted to make sure that I made it difficult for someone to steal this rig.

I have the preamps where they are for two reasons:

1) Ease of access - I can set up and change my tone settings on the fly without having to bend over. I also have a proper sightline of the settings in between guitar changes in case anything seems off.

2) Signal chain isolation/organization - I have worked on this rig for almost a year now. The space allows me to separate the power cables and signal chain cables enough so that if something goes wrong during a show or at soundcheck my tech doesn't have to check the spec sheet to dissect the issue. Also, the Ground/Lift button on the Triaxis helps reduce HUM considerably.

So, who knows what I can use to support these Triaxis preamps?

Also, you should always try to leave at least one rack space open above a power amp because of heat. I think you'll have the best luck at your local hardware sore. Probably in the department with the chainlink fence parts. Find some of that bendy metal stipping and somehow connect it to the back of the tri's and then to the rear rack.

ryjan said:
Also, you should always try to leave at least one rack space open above a power amp because of heat. I think you'll have the best luck at your local hardware sore. Probably in the department with the chainlink fence parts. Find some of that bendy metal stipping and somehow connect it to the back of the tri's and then to the rear rack.

Right on...could you show me a picture so I know what you're referring to?

MesaGod666 said:
ryjan said:

This is what I had in mind.
http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-HELP-55100-Metal-Strapping/dp/B000CO7CJQ

ryjan said:
MesaGod666 said:
ryjan said:

This is what I had in mind.
http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-HELP-55100-Metal-Strapping/dp/B000CO7CJQ

Awesome. That's a great idea. I'll give it a shot! Thanks ryjan!

No problem. The only part that I'm not sure about is where to attatch them to the rear of a triaxis. It's been a while since I had mine so I cant remember if there is a good spot to drill and tap in the rear of the chassis or if there is any existing holes you can use.

ryjan...I think I'm going to give it another shot...Going to see if I can mount two bars on the sides and see if I can support it like that.

Get some L brackets from Home depot:

You can see the way I did it under the rear of the Eventide, and behind the walwarts:

DSC01808.jpg

DSC01803.jpg

I use a pair of L-brackets screwed to the sides of of the rack to support the back of mine.

zachman said:

You can see the way I did it under the rear of the Eventide, and behind the walwarts:

DSC01808.jpg

DSC01803.jpg

zachman, I have to admit I love looking at your rack. It is so neat and tidy

Turumbar82 said:
zachman said:

DSC01808.jpg

DSC01803.jpg

zachman, I have to admit I love looking at your rack. It is so neat and tidy

Thanks...

MesaGod666 said:
Zacman, what type/size of screws did you use?

Did you have to insert any screw anchors? Would that be a good idea?

I just used wood screws screwed directly into the inner wall of the rack, no screw anchors.

Re the anchors being a good idea: I don't see how it would hurt, but I can imagine it being a bit of a pain, if you end up moving stuff around later.

Great idea! Might I suggest a thin layer of rubber or foam between the new feet and your triaxis to prevent scratches and help insulate them from bumps.

Latest posts

Back