Extention cabs for an F 50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackmesa

Reaction score
what would i be able to use. cuz i have no idea what to do because ive never really tried it. i want to hook my combo up to something but what would i need to get. like what size speakers and what should i watch out for and go for. thanks!

Eddie

i've used, and got good sounds out of a marshall 2x12 and flat 4x12 - i used an f-50 through the 2x12 plenty of times and found it quite a cool portable option for bigger stages.

the most surprising cab i played my f50 through though was an old oversized peavy 5150 4x12 - i didnt expect it at all but it sounded wicked.

I use a 2x12 Avatar open back which, to me, sounds great, but I'm going after more cleans and more "vintage" type tones. I've used that cab on both my RK1 and my F-50. You may want to consider a 2x12 closed back cab. That would project a little more and give you more punch.

The Avatar cabs are a good value, sound great, and are well made. It will save you a good amount of money over some of the other name brand cabs.

I've also heard good things about the Genz Benz G-Flex cabs, although, have never had the chance to try one.

I love the sound of my F-50 through my Mesa Rectifier horizontal 2x12 and 4x12 cabs. The difference in tone between the two is negligible; the 4x12 is a bit louder at the same amp gain level. I'd presonally recommend the 2x12 because it's easier to transport and carry yourself.

I don't own one, but I've also played the F-50 through the smaller Roadster closed-back 2x12, and thought the sound was decent. That cab gets fairly close to the Rectifier 2x12's tone (not quite as big-sounding), and is quite a bit lighter.

Latest posts

Back