Express v. Electradyne

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsabo

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Gassing reaaaal hard for an electradyne 1x12 combo, someone stop me! :D

i have an express 2x12 combo but i dont really like the way the express sounds with rock rhythm. like clean, blues, and the high gain LEAD stuff, but high gain rhythm just doesnt sound good to me. also 2x12 is a bit much for me, a 1x12 would fit better.

what say you??

I have never played the express but I can tell you the ED sounds great clean and distorted. It is just a killer amp. I would suggest you go play one. I believe you will love what you hear.

I was looking at the Express for a while but I finally decided to get the Electra Dyne. I felt it excelled in every area. The Express is a solid amp but IMO it doesn't measure up to the ED.

I feel the Express has a great clean channel. Thats about it for my ears- but I have a Dyne, and before that a Deuce, and before that a Roadster......dirty channels mean a lot to me....if you go Dyne- you wont regret it

I have both (Express 5:25). The Express does a good clean and has a high gain mode similar to the Recto, but not as brutal. The Express gain modes are very compressed in comparison to the dyne which is much more dynamic and touch sensitive.

I really do like the Express and it is a good bit more versatile in the number of tones it does, but it seems to be a bit of a "jack of all trades". The ED does what it does better and since I bought mine a few months back it is all I want to play. I just turn it on and play now without wasting time tweeking things. The 1x12 combo is my favorite config sound wise, but the weight made me go for a head and 1x12 box to make it a little easier to move.

Like everyone else on the topic, the ED will run rings around the express. Versatility means a lot to me but im also a minimalist.
There in lies the delima of man. We want as much as possible but in the smallest package (so to speak)
You wil be amazed at the versitility of the ED from a single channel.
I love my ED and you will too.

i have an express 2 x 12 combo.......never could get it tweaked out...a good low distorted rythem is nowhere...i finally gave up.Mine is for sale.I don`t like the C90`s either except on the clean of course it excells. I agree 100 percent about the BIG CLEAN CHANNELL....IT~S GREAT! Also see where someone had a V30 with a C90.I bought a 2 x 12 rectifier cab w/v30`s. Thought it would help with all four.Sounded better but still no cigar. In fact were it not for the Clean I would have unplugged the C90`s altogether. The C90`s on the Clean channel are fantastic, but my amp won`t go both ways. I`m out....I have a RA-100 ordered but it may be just the opposite? We`ll see. I do want to learn about the ED though just in case.Jeffp

jeffp said:
i have an express 2 x 12 combo.......never could get it tweaked out...a good low distorted rythem is nowhere...

The key for me was to turn the guitar down a bit.

Sorry, nobody's going to stop you from getting an ED here =P. Definitely in quality of sound, the ED beats the Express hands down. However, as people have been saying, it's not quite as versatile as the Express, especially since it lacks independent clean/dirty EQs. You should play with it and see if you can find an EQ setting you'd be happy with live - the only argument I could give you for avoiding the ED is if you need a more diverse palate than the ED can offer with the shared EQ (remember to play with the gain trim + clean levels, though!)

Latest posts

Back