Express 5:50 Head and Cabinet w/G12H30's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

express50express

Reaction score
I have a THD tweed 2 x 12 cabinet loaded with a pair of Celestion g12h30 70th anniversary speakers. They are 30w / 8ohm each, wired in parallel; therefore its an 8ohm cabinet with a total of 60w. The ohms will match using the 8ohm speaker jack on the head, so I'm good there. I just want to make sure that the total watts are OK. I believe in parallel I have a total wattage of 60w. I'm not concerned about blowing a speaker, I just want to verify the amp head is OK using a 50w head w/ 2 x 30w speakers. I'm sure this questions has been asked millions of times, so I apologize in advance.

Also, has anyone tried these speakers? Curious what others think? How do they compare to vintage 30's?

Thanks

express50express said:
I have a THD tweed 2 x 12 cabinet loaded with a pair of Celestion g12h30 70th anniversary speakers. They are 30w / 8ohm each, wired in parallel; therefore its an 8ohm cabinet with a total of 60w. The ohms will match using the 8ohm speaker jack on the head, so I'm good there. I just want to make sure that the total watts are OK. I believe in parallel I have a total wattage of 60w. I'm not concerned about blowing a speaker, I just want to verify the amp head is OK using a 50w head w/ 2 x 30w speakers. I'm sure this questions has been asked millions of times, so I apologize in advance.

Also, has anyone tried these speakers? Curious what others think? How do they compare to vintage 30's?

Thanks

I've not used those speakers and probably won't on a 50w amp.
Ok if you're never gonna crank it but............I'd be concerned about blowing the speaker and speaker distortion at high volume.
I've only used the 5:50 thru the black shadow & a 2x12 cab with V30's

Latest posts

Back