EVM-12L Series II vs. Eminence Black Shadow 50 watt

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DangerMoney

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I've got the opportunity to pickup an old EVM-12L Series II in a Mesa 1x12 half-back cabinet. The cabinet it's mounted in is secondary. I'm really interested in picking up the EVM. I've got an 80s metal-grill Mesa 4x12 with Eminence Black Shadow 50 watters in the bottom.

What the sound difference between the EVM-12L Series II vs. Eminence Black Shadow 50 watter? Obviously all are broken-in. If there's a significant difference I'd grab the EVM now and keep my eyes open for another one.

TIA

My estimation is it won't even be close. Nothing in the Eminence Patriot Or Redcoat series speakers can touch an EV. But in the end it boils down to personal taste, and you won't know the Powah Of The EV Side of The Force until you try it side by side for yourself. 8) :wink: Even if you end up liking the Eminence better, it's worth the experience just to crank up an EV super loud once and hear what they do. The EV will certainly have resale value.

soundchaser59 said:
My estimation is it won't even be close. Nothing in the Eminence Patriot Or Redcoat series speakers can touch an EV. But in the end it boils down to personal taste, and you won't know the Powah Of The EV Side of The Force until you try it side by side for yourself. 8) :wink: Even if you end up liking the Eminence better, it's worth the experience just to crank up an EV super loud once and hear what they do. The EV will certainly have resale value.

+! Well said.
One thing worth noting is the weight difference.
EV's ~19lbs each
50 watt Eminence - I don't know exact weight but having had some a few years ago I'd guess those are about 8-10lbs each

Back