EVM-12L in a 3/4 back sounds AWESOME!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
Finally received my EV speaker and installed it last night. It's an early '90s Black Shadow labeled EV. When I went to install it I found the rear mounting studs in my 3/4 back were not long enough to allow for rear mounting as the EV's frame is too thick so I had to remove the studs, drop the speaker in from the front and used the screws/studs in combination with the washer/locknut/nut on the back side to secure the speaker. So, it is now a front mounted speaker cab.

Plugged up my Mark V and hit the switch. As soon as I hit the first chord in the clean channel I could hear the difference. I sat there smiling for the next 45 minutes while I went through all the channels and several modes. EVERYTHING sounds so much better. It makes the tone so much clearer, natural, lush, rich, full, and I feel like I can hear the amp and all it's overtones and harmonics so much better. This speaker is a seriously sweet speaker and it totally rocks in a 3/4 back cab!!!

EVERYTHING sounds so much better. It makes the tone so much clearer, natural, lush, rich, full, and I feel like I can hear the amp and all it's overtones and harmonics so much better. This speaker is a seriously sweet speaker and it totally rocks in a 3/4 back cab!!!
Right On, Brother!

I've been extolling the virtuousity of the EVM for decades. Theiles and 3/4 backs always show them off to their best advantage.

Enjoy!

jbw

come to think of it, I had that cabinet for a while and used it with my Blue Angel. I had a couple different speakers in there but the 12L was one of them. :D

congratulations!!!!!! i have been looking at that speaker for a while now :wink:

how is the sound for cleans ( i am thinking jazz/pat metheny sound) big bass, scoop mids....

thanks

salvatruco said:
congratulations!!!!!! i have been looking at that speaker for a while now :wink:

how is the sound for cleans ( i am thinking jazz/pat metheny sound) big bass, scoop mids....

thanks

Cleans are excellent. No speaker breakup whatsoever!

Ive been thinking of replaving the bottom speaker of my recto 2x12 vert with an evm 12l. If anything the added weight will make it sturdier. :wink:

Latest posts

Back