EVH Wolfgang w/ roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
Does anyone own a Wolfgang guitar? If so, can you give me a review on it? I see he has a newer one coming out next year. Also, has anyone played one through a Roadster?

Thanks

I play a Flame Top Special and LOVE IT. Just bought a Stop Tail Standard (cause I really dislike Floyd's). The neck is fast, the guitar is light but the pups are HOT. This guitar does not do clean really well.

If your looking for flexibility check out the EBMM Axis Super Sport. The Dimarzio's in the Axis split better than the Wolfgang pups.

All your Wolfgang info can be found at www.wolfgangregistry.com

you have to use the clean on ch 1 or 2 for a wolfgang, and the solo boost to get the volume to match, but the wolfgand and the roadster match up well, it my main guitar for gigs.

How is the gain on the Wolfgang? Can it play hard rock? How do you like the JP6 with the Roadster? I tried the BFR once and thought it was too dark sounding, but I never played the other one.
I may have to look into the EBMM Axis Super Sport, sounds interesting.

jhguitar1 said:
How is the gain on the Wolfgang? Can it play hard rock?

Am I the only person that finds that question funny.

HELLO IT IS A PRODUCT ENDORSED AND DESIGNED BY A HARD ROCK PLAYER NAMED EDDIE VAN HALEN.

To be honest EVH only designs and endorses gear for Polka musicians.........

It completely boggles me when I look on a board and see people asking if a Wolfgang or Les Paul or Music Man Petrucci or PRS Custom 24 can handle metal/hard rock.

Seriously folks....how can a person miss that there are hard rock and metal bands lined up around the block and have been for a decade plus playing those instruments. Then you get the 'Can a Marshalls be used for Metal?' or 'can a 5150 do hard rock?' or my fav question EVER on a message board "EMG 81's don't have enough output for metal...what's next?"

I just find it odd to ask if a pickup or guitar can do metal in general... Yngwie plays strats with single coils... and rips it up.. its definatly metal.. not Metal core but metal non the less. its more the amp that does metal.. you cant play metal on a fender vibrolux.. nor can you play jazz on a roadster (ok well you can on the clean channels.. but i mean the gain channels)

anyway those comments are humourous... and i am not trying to put anyone down, we all had to learn this stuff somehow..

i would wait till the new fender evh comes out. it seems like that should be quite nice.

My intent isnt to insult anyone either. I am merely suggesting that if it looks like a fish, tastes like a fish and has been seen in the company of fish then it is probably a fish.

Asking of a Van Halen product is for hard rock is funny.

Latest posts

Back