Everyone in the Central NJ/ Philly Area, Mark V to demo soon

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesymetal

Reaction score
I just went to Russo's music in Hamilton, NJ. I asked them about the Mark V and they told me they ordered some about a week ago. They told me they special ordered two for customers already. However they also told me they ordered two more heads and one combo that no one has claimed yet that they plan on putting on display/ on sale in the store. I gave them my contact info and they are calling me when it comes in, they said hopefully sometime in early March. So I figured I would come here and post it so if anyone in the local area wanted to come play one in the upcoming month or so without ordering it. I'm extremly interested in picking one up (loved my old Mark III) but I just have to play it before ordering a 2000$ amp, I figure theres others the same as me and wanted to share!

bluesymetal said:
I just went to Russo's music in Hamilton, NJ. I asked them about the Mark V and they told me they ordered some about a week ago. They told me they special ordered two for customers already. However they also told me they ordered two more heads and one combo that no one has claimed yet that they plan on putting on display/ on sale in the store. I gave them my contact info and they are calling me when it comes in, they said hopefully sometime in early March. So I figured I would come here and post it so if anyone in the local area wanted to come play one in the upcoming month or so without ordering it. I'm extremly interested in picking one up (loved my old Mark III) but I just have to play it before ordering a 2000$ amp, I figure theres others the same as me and wanted to share!

Very cool man... I knew Russo's would come through unlike GC. They always keep that place well stocked with the latest and greatest. Let us know when you know more.

Yeah they are a great store, they had a shiva, xtc, tons of orange amps, high end marshalls, stilletos roadsters and roadkings, VHT stuff, can't really beat them. Also noticed they had a killer deal on a USA SL1 Jackson soloist brand new for 1200!! If I had the funds I would of bought it on the spot.

Thanks for the heads up, bro. I'll have to check that out when it comes in. I may just pull the trigger on one with my tax refund.

bluesymetal said:
Yeah they are a great store, they had a shiva, xtc, tons of orange amps, high end marshalls, stilletos roadsters and roadkings, VHT stuff, can't really beat them. Also noticed they had a killer deal on a USA SL1 Jackson soloist brand new for 1200!! If I had the funds I would of bought it on the spot.

BTW, hows the Diezel cab i sold ya?

I love it man, I use it ALOT. 3 practices a week and 2-3 shows a weekend. Made me sell my mesa cab actually. Im running a 5150 through it right now with the gain low boosted with a maxon and it sounds killer. All the ball bearings fell out of the casters though, I don't know why, I think it might of been because its been in and out of the truck so much, I just put some new casters on it. Killer cab all around though.

I swore i would never step foot inside Russo again. Me and a friend drove an hour to get there and were checking out stuff for a while when the store was completely empty. Some ******* salesman told us to basically buy something or get out. Nobody at Guitar Center ever fed me that line of bullshit. I also found it humorous when 1 saleman was TRASHING Diezel amps really bad and tried to convince me to buy a $2500 Bad Cat. Biggest bunch of A-holes in that store.

I'll probably get mine in before Russo anyway since i ordered it a day after it showed up at Namm.

danyeo1 said:
I swore i would never step foot inside Russo again. Me and a friend drove an hour to get there and were checking out stuff for a while when the store was completely empty. Some ******* salesman told us to basically buy something or get out. Nobody at Guitar Center ever fed me that line of bullshit. I also found it humorous when 1 saleman was TRASHING Diezel amps really bad and tried to convince me to buy a $2500 Bad Cat. Biggest bunch of A-holes in that store.

I'll probably get mine in before Russo anyway since i ordered it a day after it showed up at Namm.

Amazing how far a good or bad customer experience goes when you finally do decide to drop several thousand on an amp. Good interaction has had a large impact on me going back to the same place. It goes both ways. Bad experiences have led me to go some place else. even to the point of dropping $6000 on a camera and taking it into a store where I got somewhat similar treatment as you did at Russos and telling the manager that "I bought this over at so and so instead of here because last week when I came in here that guy over there, (pointing to a moron) the monkey you have working here was a dick last time I was here so you didn't get my money. latter" Granted I was really pissed at the place because they had jerked me around for an hour of my life I will never get back and I don't usually go tho that extent. Its really easy. you always have a choice to go somewhere else. might take more time and effort but there is always another choice.

Good experiences have made me go back to the same places. (supersound music is a first stop if I am getting something from the US, Ron at RJM is insanely helpful)

Would I pay more to go somewhere else rather than get a better deal at the place where someone was jerking me around? no. but I haven't come across a situation where I wasn't able to find better cheaper. Like I said just takes a little more time and effort.

If Russos were dicks to you make sure they know it as well. your post here equates to a black mark against Russos. another post on another forum by another user and another and another will get back to them. Ill I need to get something from the US and I search the net and i see Russos has it well maybe now I might think twice about getting it from there becuase of that post I saw on the boogie board way back when.....

danyeo1 said:

You know I've experienced that there before but other times the complete opposite. It still doesnt stop me from going there, but i get what your saying. I guess it all depends on who's working but to be honest with you I could care less how personable their staff is because 1) they know their stuff 90% of the time which you dont get at GC or Sam Ash and 2) there aren't many shops in Nj that carry the products Russo's does. Also when sales people start acting like dicks I throw it right back in there face and usually they have a change of heart real quick. Sometimes you have to show them your not in there JUST to play high end gear because if I worked there and had to put up with half the people that are in there just to look/try a $4000 amp and know they will never buy it, I'd probably be a dick about it too.

danyeo1 said:

That sucks man, I have never had that happen with me, they actually encourage me to check **** out, even when I let them know I have no intention of buying it. I bought a Jackson RR24 once from them for 900.00 when they first came out, everybody else had them for like 1200.00. I took it home, played it for about a month and a half and never really bonded with it, they took it back no questions asked. I think they have a 90 policy for returns, 60 more than GC. I'm not trying to stick up for them or anything, just sharing experience.

Anybody have any updates if Russo's got one or maybe two of these in? I've got some interest in my RKII, so if that goes, I'm gonna pony up the cash and get a V.

immersed said:
All I can say is the Mark V's at Russo's are spoken for!!!

DAMMIT :evil:

They were my one hope of demoing one soon... any news on when they're going to get more?

immersed said:
All I can say is the Mark V's at Russo's are spoken for!!!

All of em' Joe? I talked to Dave yesterday and he told me that 2 of them definitely were, but he didn't know about the third one.

jdurso said:
danyeo1 said:

You know I've experienced that there before but other times the complete opposite. It still doesnt stop me from going there, but i get what your saying. I guess it all depends on who's working but to be honest with you I could care less how personable their staff is because 1) they know their stuff 90% of the time which you dont get at GC or Sam Ash and 2) there aren't many shops in Nj that carry the products Russo's does. Also when sales people start acting like dicks I throw it right back in there face and usually they have a change of heart real quick. Sometimes you have to show them your not in there JUST to play high end gear because if I worked there and had to put up with half the people that are in there just to look/try a $4000 amp and know they will never buy it, I'd probably be a dick about it too.

dude...in my humble opinion there is NEVER a reason to engage in poor customer service....yes, in the music world there is a great deal more lusting after gear than buying it. but i remember years ago me and my buddies would load up and drive for an hour to hit several bigger music stores......never with a dime in our pockets. we did just because we wanted to see and hear this stuff.....sometimes we were treated poorly and sometimes wonderfully.

there was one store in particular that the actual owner always treated me well.....i always remembered that and as a result I always try to help him as much as I can now.....i have personally spent over $20,000 with him in the last 10 years since I grew up and got a real job. but i will promise you that if i had been treated differently i would have never gone back.

there are too many stores and oppotunities to purchase gear to have to endur any bad customer service.....no matter what the sign outside says.

masque said:
dude...in my humble opinion there is NEVER a reason to engage in poor customer service....yes, in the music world there is a great deal more lusting after gear than buying it. but i remember years ago me and my buddies would load up and drive for an hour to hit several bigger music stores......never with a dime in our pockets. we did just because we wanted to see and hear this stuff.....sometimes we were treated poorly and sometimes wonderfully.

there was one store in particular that the actual owner always treated me well.....i always remembered that and as a result I always try to help him as much as I can now.....i have personally spent over $20,000 with him in the last 10 years since I grew up and got a real job. but i will promise you that if i had been treated differently i would have never gone back.

there are too many stores and oppotunities to purchase gear to have to endur any bad customer service.....no matter what the sign outside says.

See I think the problem with that arguement (even though i mostly agree) is too many people make a judgement off of one incident or one experience. You could have been there the day one of the salesman was having a bad day or maybe just got the wrong sales guy.

I tend to make judgements over time.... if there is a long enough history that shows its not worth it, then its not worth it but nothing can be judged by one incident. Anyone who thinks so needs to take a few prob and stats class. I will say however you CANNOT find the selection Russo's unless you venture into NYC which is a hassle unto itself. All the mom and pop shops now a days carry crap, generic equipment. If i wanted to play the same fender or gibson that every other store has i'd go to GC. Now show me some boutique stuff and customer service and I'm more or less a lifer... simple as that. It maybe just me but at the end of the day the thing that matters is getting the product you want for the least price you can get it for. Customer Service is just an added bonus. I'm lucky that one of my friends is a GC manager so you cant get better CS than that, but at the end of the day if i'm after a certain product, and I knwo thats what i want, I would let Satan sell it to me. :twisted:

BTW, i only feel this way about msuical equipment, when it comes to things like cars, the way a saleman treats you does make a difference to me at least. With musical gear, since a lot of what i like is harder to find, as long as you have it i dont care how much of a jerk they are, because i can be a bigger jerk right back.

Well I never got a call about them being in, so whoever said they are all spoken for now is probally right. Unless they just haven't shipped yet. I haven't gone in there in a while, maybe I will swing by in a couple days and check.

I spoke with my Local GC Rep that I ordered my Mark V through and he confirmed that that I am looking at the first week in April for Delivery. I hope he is right! He also said if you did not get in on the first batch, the second batch would be sometime in May.

Scott

Talked to my rep yesterday who ordered me a Mark V head during the NAMM show -- said there were some production delays and to expect shipment late March early April.

Mike

Latest posts

Back