EV mounting in combo problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesieBooga

Reaction score
I have 2 EV speakers, and I was planning on mounting one in a IIC+ combo. I can't get the speaker in without pushing V3's tube out of the socket! I don't want to redrill screw holes in this nice Mahogany shell... :cry: Any advice on getting this EV mounted?

It's front loaded, that might be a good idea! It can only go upside down so the screw holes may be the same. I didn't try taking it out yet. But I will look into that! 8)

You have to turn the speaker until the screw holes line up and the V3 is clear of the huge aluminum brace. All EV's do this in the + combo and it is a close fit on the preamp tubes.

You can't get it to fit even if you were to re-drill the mounting holes?

The board that holds the speaker is usually just plywood, and any extra holes won't be visible from the front of the amp, anyway.

Can you post some photos of this process? It might help us to visualise things better. Are you saying that this particular speaker just doesn't fit? I have an original EVM black shadow -- I was wondering what the differences are because mine fits fine in the combo. Can you take the chassis out and fit the speaker after?

Did you compare the position of the mounting holes in your blond cab to the cab you are trying to use? I have a blond cab and it has an EVM12L in it too.

Thanks for the help guys! :D
I lost interest in putting the EV in my Wood/Wicker combo once I got it in the Blond combo. (I've been using the Wood combo with 1 or 2 4x12's anyway.) ...I need a Wood headshell bad! I thought I might try a Black Shadow Eminence 150 watter in the Wood /Wicker instead of the EV. :?:

Latest posts

Back