ESP Eclipse II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scream09

Reaction score
Does anyone on here own one or have had one? Mine seems to suffer from some nasty fret buzz from both open strings and fretted notes. I have tried everything to rectifiy it but to no avail. I have tried the adjusting the neck with 18" steel rule and .012 spacing for relief and its still horrible. Bleeds through my amp badly. Any ideas? I will probably have to fork out some cash i guess and have a pro check it out and see what can be done. :(

i have one...white..i love it its the best guitar ive had so far !

ive never had any issues with it

my suggestion would be take it to a shop and have em look at it

Yeh I have the same guitar, never any fret buzz though. Maybe you should take it and get it checked out. Unbelievable tone and quality guitar

I have one too. When I received the guitar, it had some bad fret buzz. I replaced the stock bridge with a TonePros. I am not sure if the change of bridge helped or not. It still has taken me a long time to set up the guitar with no fret buzz. Eliminating fret buzz for me was finding the right combination of truss rod adjustment and string height. What finally worked for me was the lowest truss rod setting (as recommended in the ESP manual) .010 and setting the string height almost at recommendations of the manual: bass side is about 1.8 mm (2.0 recommended in the manual) and treble side 1.5. I actually set the guitar up two or three times before it settled down with these settings. Maybe you could try readjusting the guitar a couple of times over the next couple of weeks with different combinations to see what settings the guitar likes best.

I have played my friend's ESP Eclipse II guitars. All 4 of them. (White, Black, Honey Burst, Trans Red Quilt)
They are exceptional. Awesome playing and sounding guitars.
If I were into the Les Paul style guitar, I would own a couple myself.

I agree with the others, get it professionally inspected.

I have an SG with bridge rattle/buzzing. This reminds me that I still need to resolve that. LOL!
I had the same on another Gibson and replacing the bridge fixed it, although that may have been extreme as it could have only been a single saddle.
I have another SG that the high E buzzes against the first fret when played open.
That is due to the nut being badly worn and the string is seating low. (Something else I need to get resolved. :lol:)

I doubt you are having my SG troubles but I mention them as there are all kinds of things that can cause a string to buzz.
Maybe you have a fret that is not level?

Good luck, you have a great guitar, just needs to cure its "sniffles".

My brother in-law bought a brand new ESP Eclipse MIJ and it had a twisted neck right out of the box. It felt good, but man that thing had string buzz in the weirdest places.

Latest posts

Back