Eric Johnson type tone in channel 2?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noonoo

Reaction score
I know the V is not a Plexi but that is what I am looking for in channel 2. Can anyone give me some pointers? I believe I have nailed what I want in channel 1 and 3. Of course, I want channel 2 to function as the bridge between the two...a smooth overdriven sound is what I am looking for in 2.

im usein crunch on 90 watt full power with a maxon od 808 infront and i can nail plexi tones to early van halen to slash to even heavier marshalls like zack and ****. Pretty much my tone is a beefed up 800 think vht pittbull cl100 red channel tone. gain maxed, master to taste, pres to taste, treb at about 1:30, mids just a little bit less than the treb. bass is where you want i use about 9 oclock bass but make it up in the geq with a v shape gets intense tone.

how about el-34's, the crunch or edge mode... lower gain.. maybe a distortion (overdrive/ fuzz, etc) pedal of sorts.

Herein lies the conundrum. Channel 3 is my choice for higher gain stuff. I want to be able to switch to channel 2 seamlessly without adjusting or turning off the GEQ and of course since I want channel 2 to fit somewhere in between 1 and 3 sonically then I am not going to be jacking the gain higher than I do on channel 3 in looking for a smooth overdriven tone. I want to keep the GEQ the same if possible throughout (not using it on channel 1). Thanks for the feedback. It may just take some experimenting.

yeah i use both the geq for both channels 2 and 3. if u turn the gain down in crunch with my settigns u will get a smooth marshall type crunch

guys, for me its all about using the geq to remove the bass in channel two and use preset in other channels(chan 2 MK 1 mode,that is-humbuckers and EV speakers...)
this is a pic showing the settings -my geq settings on 80 and 240 are very low(80 is almost on bottom/240 is midway between bottom line and midline)
the mk1 mode with these settings and a healthy dose of output is brewwwtal
tfarm6.jpg

**** this amp i love it so much ive had it for about 6 months now and i still seem to tweek my tone so its better every band practice. i wish mesa made women peroid hahahah.

Latest posts

Back