eq pedal and mark 4?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I had my MKIV's the shared EQ with R1 and R2 really bothered me. I never got
around to doing this but was tempted to dial in a nice clean tone, assign the GEQ to R2
only (to dial in R2 without messing with the tone on R1) and put an EQ pedal in the EFX
loop and assign the EFX loop to the Lead channel only. Not sure if that would work like I was
hoping but that would be the only reason I can think of to have an EQ pedal with the MKIV.
I never got around to doing this because I was able to to get a good clean and good R2 despite
the shared controls. Just a thought I guess. I do regret not hanging onto one of my MKIv's.
Maybe someday I'll have another!

its not shared eq..they have separate presence, gain, and treble controls..treble and gain being the 2 that shape the sound the most, and then the bass / mid more just fill it out (they have more of an influence when gain/treble settings are low)..and thats what things like auto eq for r2 are for..I dno, I've just never felt the need at all with the 3 channels, the BB and J drive.

"and thats what things like auto eq for r2 are for.."

Exactly +1000. I find that the clean and lead channels are wonderful just running straight and I only use the onboard EQ for R2 to set the mids a little stronger.

Fronzil said:
its not shared eq..they have separate presence, gain, and treble controls..treble and gain being the 2 that shape the sound the most, and then the bass / mid more just fill it out (they have more of an influence when gain/treble settings are low)..and thats what things like auto eq for r2 are for..I dno, I've just never felt the need at all with the 3 channels, the BB and J drive.
I think he's referring to the graphic eq, not the eq pots.

dodger916 said:
Fronzil said:
I think he's referring to the graphic eq, not the eq pots.

he only mentioned R1 and R2, so it led me to believe he was referring to the pots.

Back