EQ-ing a Stereo Rig + Correct Setup

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmt

Reaction score
I need some help EQ-ing my new rig. I am planning to set up my rig in the following manner and I need some advice as to EQ it to cover a wide range of tone. I am using a Boogie Simul-Satellite Combo (tube) and a Ampeg B-2 combo.

I am running my effects pedalboard into the Boogie and in the FX loop i have a AD202 Analog Delay and a DOD 866 Series II Compressor. I split the signal from the wet out on the delay into each channel on the DOD. One feeds back into the Boogie's FX loop return and one I will put into the Ampeg's FX return. The Ampeg also has a 'Power Amp In', but I am not sure if I can use that. I would like to avoid using the Ampeg's FX loop if possible because it is kinda messed up. So if you can make me a recomnedation I wouldappreciate it.

I want this setup to be able to blend all of the frequencys availible from both the Boogie and the Ampeg. I believe that simply useing the bass amp for the lows and the tube amp for the mids won't give me the unified sound that I am looking for. What are your suggestions for acheiving a heavy sound that packs alot of low end punch, as well as a lot of clarity? I want to shake the walls but not sling mud, as well as not make peoples ears bleed. I play heavy rock/metal/blues. I'm going for a Toolish sound (dark) but also versitaile enough to hit AIC/Rage/Pantera etc.

My Boogie has a EV12L 200watt Black Shadow and the Ampeg has a 15" speaker (not sure the brand). I use a Iceman IC300 with Bill Lawrence pickups which are bright and clear and hot. My effects layout is as follows: Dime Wah/SM9/FL9/Phaser/Whammy II/SD9 with AD202 delay and DOD compressor in the FX loop.

he is THE guy when it comes to constructing rigs...he builds them for john petrucci, i think metallica, and a bunch of other guys. he knows what to plug where. i guess call the mesa factory and ask for him.

Latest posts

Back