EQ/Boost pedal recommendations

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

123thefirst

Reaction score
I've been a very happy Recto Pre owner for a few years and have ordered a custom Road King with the slant 4x12 RK cabinet.

Yes, even the Recto Pre in Vintage or Raw mode tends to lack the right type of high and upper mid response to make solos ascend to the heavens. I can feel that it's nearly there but not quite. It's generally a 70's vintage sound with some more modern characteristics that I search for: clean, semi-clean and with full gain.

What would be the ultimate high audio quality EQ pedal or rack unit? Preferably with a good amount of gain to compensate for any scooping of frequencies? I'm particularly fond of Rane gear because of its very high audio quality but I don't think they make something appropriate for a guitarist.

I do notice too that with Gibson 57+ pickups high gain settings often have a trebly harshness that disappears when either the guitar's tone control or volume control is rolled down.

Back