EQ attenuation in F-series = better volume control/tone...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
I came across a thread on Harmony Central that talked about using an EQ in the loop of an F-series amp to attenuate the volume (much like a volume pedal would do in the loop). I gave it a try with my EQ - keeping the EQ's shape while dragging all the sliders all the way down. This changes the tone a little because it pushes the FX loop tube harder, but doesn't really push the power tubes any harder even though you are turning up the master volume more. In short - this made the master volumes much more tame and easier to use and I like the tone a little better. Give it a try and let me know what you think...

So do have the FX Mix at max? Then turn the volume down on the EQ?

I never really used the effect loop on my amps, but recently I tried having the effects & the dry at nearly equal volume, and used a volume pedal to then turn on all of the effects at the same time.

Since the FX Mix was at about 50% my effects were more subtle, but it was a nice sound, and an easy way to go from dry to having several effects at once without having to step on a bunch of pedals.

Yep, FX mix at max and the EQ's volume all the way down. I kept the shape I came up with and just slid all the sliders down as far as they would go and retain the shape...

Latest posts

Back