Eminence?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ursinus said:
CR is much fuller in the mids to the mid highs, but not spiky. It has a shimmerring high end, but kind if "fuzzes" out for a lack of a better word on the high end in a very pleasing way. It sounds great with the MKIV, but sounds to brittle and thin for the Stilletto. These still aren't broken in, but when they are, all make a new report. Even in a Theile cab, the low end is not prominent.

ST has tons of low end, more than the EV if you can believe it. It has a very smooth high end, when you can actually percieve it. It is a very touch sensitive and responsive speaker, similar to the EV. It balances nicely with a CR, Governor, or Celestion V30's, C90's. To my ears it sounds better in a wide open back cab, which is where zi ended up putting it. It was too woofy in a sealed or Theile cab.

Governor is a V30 without the spiky highs. This speaker rocks. It sounded good by itself even though the low end is not as strong as the EV or ST. This would make a good speaker by itself in a Theile or open back cab. I borrowed one from my friend and am going to see how it works in a Theile for a while. I can see why CAE uses them in their cabs.

Hope that helps...

It certainly does! Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back