Eminence Cannabis Rex

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yardbird mac

Reaction score
Has anyone tried an EMINENCE Cannabis Rex in their 5:25 or 5:50? Was it a "keeper" or not?

yardbird mac said:
Has anyone tried an EMINENCE Cannabis Rex in their 5:25 or 5:50? Was it a "keeper" or not?
Following this thread with interest. This has been my favorite Eminence speaker for years now. Although I have no urge at the moment to replace the C90, if I were to, this would get first look. Great smokey tone to it.

Barry del Ive said:
yardbird mac said:
Following this thread with interest. This has been my favorite Eminence speaker for years now. Although I have no urge at the moment to replace the C90, if I were to, this would get first look. Great smokey tone to it.

I've used CRs in my FENDER amps over the years and liked them, but I also am going to leave my C90 installed in my 5:50.* I'm thinking about buying a 5:25 head. I'm currently using a Lone Star cab (also with a C90) as an extension to my 5:50. If I get the 5:25, I might try a CR in it.

* I had a SCUMBACK M75 installed in the combo for about a month and it's a great speaker, but the C90 seems to have something that's just a little better for my personal tastes.

I have one in my Thiele. The only other thing I have to compare it to was a Jensen C12K in the same cab. Had it in there for years now. It's a keeper for sure. I feel like the 5:25 can be a little bright and brash, especially with the EL84's, but the CR calms it down a good amount.

Latest posts

Back