EMG's at 27VOLTS, James-Gibson Reissue Explorer

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dethrattle

Reaction score
Just wanted to note that how badass my EMG setup is. I wired these monsters at 27volts. If you look on your EMG spec sheet, it notes that 27 volts is the max. I saw this and started thinking, if 18 volts is killer and is over driving my DUAL Recto, what would 27 do. WOW!!!!!!!! I installed them in the new 2007 1984 reissue Gibson Explorer, the Hetfield model. Its output is really hot and works wonders on the mullard, blackburn preamp tube in V1. I get this really killer overdrive without using any pedals. This is what I'm running. 2007 Mesa Boogie Dual Recto Export in custom white. Using a step up step down transformer to get the correct voltage. Its running at 240 volts and Im running the trans at 230 volts step down to us standard. It gives it more sag especially in the tube recto setting in 6l6 mode. Have it patched into a BBE 462 to clean up the signal. 1984 reissue Gibson Explorer in white with a EMG 85 in brid. and EMG 60 in the neck wired with three 9 volts at 27volts. Changed out all the chrome hardware with black chrome to give it the Justice For all look. Using monster cables. Two Marshall Silver Jubilee 25 Anniversary straight cabs rewired with two V30s and two G12t75's in left right pattern. Inside cabs have been reinforced with liquid nails on all the joints and rear was replaced with 3/4 inch solid 11 ply birch. Rear panel was ported with a four inch horizontal port with the JCM Marshall input jack that can switch to mono 4 or 16 ohms or stereo left and right at 8 ohms each. I will post picks and sound clips if anyone is interested in listening. thanks

l_df529704e252427397b1eb8911bb254f.jpg

826.jpg

837.jpg

Back