ElectraDyne owners - let's share some settings!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bduersch

Reaction score
This should be easier than documenting Mark V or Roadster settings. :)

volume 3:00
treble 1:30
mid 10:30
bass 10:00
presence 1:30

I'm using this with a couple guitars on opposite ends of the tonal spectrum (PRS Custom 22 w/ Dragon I's and ASAT Special Deluxe) + a 1x12 Egnater cab w/ WGS 65-watter.

--B

KH Guitar Freak said:
Thanks for not letting us know which mode you are talking about... :p

Well, my goal is to find settings that sound good across all 3 modes, so my answer is "all of the above" :p

--B

I see you have discovered the same thing I have. There is tons of bottom end on this amp.

You can turn the bottom end up and it stays tight, but it is a lot of bass.

Your settings were a little dark for me. I am running a mainly a fender highway 1 fat strat.

Volume 3:00 (I sometimes drop it to 2:00 or even 1:00 for a more oldschool rock tone)
Treble 2:00 - 2:30
mid 12:00 (there is some crunch in this pot)
bass 9:00
presence 2:00-2:30

I love the darkness!

Volume 2:30 ish....switch between clean and vint lo without the trim until volumes are as close as poss.

noon on everything except mid's ad 10:00 just like the manual suggests, master wherever

Here's one I have been trying on the combo that sounds killer.

Everything but the Master at 3:00.

The controls on this thing certianly have a big effect on tone. But it is hard to get this thing to sound bad.

Did a little video today ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2QEEhzwV-8 ) and used the following settings:

treble 2:30
mid 11:00
bass 11:00
presence 12:00

--B

bduersch said:
Did a little video today ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2QEEhzwV-8 ) and used the following settings:

mid 11:00
bass 11:00
presence 12:00

--B

It was hard to hear the clean parts because it was a bit overpowered by the accoustic.

The overdrive parts sounded good though I would brighten it up a bit with maybe bringing the mids up (as the manual says, there is a lot of high end in the middle control). Of course that is just my taste. I think I like it a little brighter then most.

I really liked the song!

Where is the trim switch in this video...doesnt sound like you've trimmed the lo/hi, but I havent played the amp with any humbucker guitar...
There seems to be a sweet spot around 3:00 on the volume...
Cool Video...shows off some of the flexability of the amp...

lamadalton said:
Where is the trim switch in this video...

I just checked... I've got it in the "clean trim" position with the clean level on the back maxed... given how soft the cleans are compared to everything else (especially considering how I tend to use a lot of split-coil clean tones), I might try switching the trim switch back to the center position for the next video (which I think will involve a PRS Mira through the ElectraDyne).

--B

primal said:
(as the manual says, there is a lot of high end in the middle control)

I hate to say it... I've read the Mark V manual about a dozen times, the Roadster and Stiletto manuals about half a dozen times each, probably 3-4 times through the Lonestar manual, but I have yet to read the ElectraDyne manual front-to-back. Of course, it's sitting within an arm's reach, so now might be the ideal time... :)

--B

primal said:
It was hard to hear the clean parts because it was a bit overpowered by the accoustic.

Alright... did another video, this time with a little more clean channel action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzfXHXA3J0E

FWIW, I did flip the "trim" switch on the back panel to the center position and dialed down the clean master a bit... I think it's got a better balance between channels now (at least for my playing style).

--B

Nice stuff! I need to try backing down the bass a little. Getting dirty looks from the bass player. Like everyone else, loving the set it an forget it mentality.

mid 12:00
bass 1:00
presence 2:30

Gain trim in the clean setting most of the time. No idea where the knob is, I set the level by ear-not eye (too dark where we play to see back there). I love the location of that as well, hidden but easy to reach back and tweak. Reverb defeat on low gain, just a little engaged anyway. I use an M13 in the 4 cable mode, bank1 pre loop(OD's etc).

For jazz, I've been playing with the gain trim on clean and then,
Vol: 11:00
Tre: 8:00
Mid: 3:30-4:00
Bas: 2:00-2:30
Pre: 10:00-10:30

With the mids up so high and treble way down, it gives just gives me that really jazzy dull but defined sound when I'm playing through my PRS DGT (modeled this sound after Pat Martino)

For the exact opposite, searing modern gain lead tones,
Vol: 5:00 (dimed)
Tre: 2:00
Mid: 3:30
Bas: 2:30
Pre: 10:00

Haven't used this in a live setting yet, so I haven't really picked a setting that works right for all three channels, but the high gain setting seems to work pretty well across the board. Might just pull back the volume a bit to the 3:00 sweet spot everybody seems to like so that the lo gain channel is a little more identifiable from the high gain.

You guys need a stiletto head to go with your sweet ED...I think there is a killer one on eBay....maybe you all should place a quick bid.......then Ill pick up *my* combo and share some of my settings.......
the waiting is the hardest part....

For me it depends on what volume I am able to play at. The louder I can play, the more I tend to lower the bass.

I happened to catch the intro to the Jay Leno show and noticed Kevin Eubanks playing an ED with an 8 ohm Hot Plate. Has anyone else tried that? I think the ED sounds pretty rockin' at lower volumes without an attenuator. I was always told that attenuators rob you of tone, but if a guy like Kevin uses them, it must be worth the trade off. Looks like he has a 2 X 12 and was using the low gain setting. His tone sounded nice and smooth - very nice. I have not heard the 2 X 12 in person. It is hard to imagine it sounding much bigger than the 1 X 12 - this thing dwarfs any other combo I have played!

Volume: 3
Treble: 12
Mid: 10
Bass: 1
presence: 2

i have a Mesa 3/4 open back 1X12 with a Black Shadow celestion speaker that i have raised a foot off the ground to decrease the bass response, that's why my bass knob is so high, if i drop my cab to the ground the bass knob goes down to 10. lifting it off the ground a little makes it sound so good! any one else doing that?

teletalkin said:
Man a lot of you guys run the bass high. I never have mine past 9 oclock.

What he said.

It has huge low end, and remains tight even with the bass up. But for me, 9:00 is fine!

Today anyway

Volume 2:30
Treble 2:00
Mid 12:00
Bass 9:00
Presence 2:00

Latest posts

Back