Electradyne fit LSS combo cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshusama

Reaction score
I have a nice lonestar special private reserve wood combo cabinet (1x12) and was wondering if an electradyne will fit it. Please let me know!

Thanks gents,

J

I think it will. I spoke with Mesa about fitting an ED combo electronics into a Lonestar headshell and they told me the dimensions where the same.

I spoke yesterday with Mike from Mesa customer service, who confirmed the fit. BUT NOTE: this works only and best for the ED combo chassis going into a LS head cabinet: all the ED controls will read right-side up, just as they did in the ED combo.

However, the ED head mounts differently: if you tried to put it in a LS head cab, your ED controls will be upside down. Compare the orientation of the chassis and controls in the ED head and the ED combo, and the difference is clear.

Hope this adds to the discussion, and helps. It's something I've investigated too, given a very nice LS classic long wood head cabinet I have, and after trying out--to my wonder and surprise--a ED 1x12 combo at Guitar Center.

For a visual follow-up to my earlier post here: go to hogridr under the NAD thread (on this Electra Dyne topic page) for great photos of a short ED head on top of a short LS head (might fine looking amps by the way!). You'll see how putting the ED chassis into the LS chassis turns the ED world upside down.

I think the point would be to take an ED combo and put the electronics into a lonestar head cab

You can put an ElectraDyne combo chassis into either a Lonestar head cab or Lonestar combo cab without anything being upside down.

dodger916 said:
formisano said:
You can put an ElectraDyne combo chassis into either a Lonestar head cab or Lonestar combo cab without anything being upside down.
...except the dials and switches of course.

Not in this case

dodger916 said:
formisano said:
...except the dials and switches of course.
Dodger, you're wrong. The ElectraDyne's "dials and switches" would only be upside down if you put an ElectraDyne head chassis into a Lonestar head cab or Lonestar combo cab.

Again, you can put an ElectraDyne combo chassis into either a Lonestar head cab or Lonestar combo cab without anything being upside down.

[edit for photo examples for those that are having a hard time tackling this concept:]

Which of these four is not like the others? (hint: The first three chassis are suspended from the top, and the last is secured from the bottom.) The first three are interchangeable without anything being upside down.

1) ElectraDyne combo:
EDcombo.gif

2) Lonestar head:
LShead.jpg

3) Lonestar combo:
LScombo.jpg

4) ElectraDyne head (Different from the others. Chassis is not suspended from the top.):
EDhead.jpg

i saw a 23" ED combo in the music store the other day. Same cabinet design as the larger one but smaller: kinda cool. i suppose there'd be less bass response but w/an EV in there (if it would fit) it would be ok i imagine.

Latest posts

Back