el 34's for nomad 100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilson

Reaction score
i'm thinking about getting some el34's for my nomad 100 head. does anyone else here have a nomad and use the el34's? what differences should i expect? i really like this amp but i wish i could get a little heavier sound out of it. will the el34's help with that at all?

i believe the nomad has one less gain stage than the recto's. It's also marketed as a blues amp, but i get great heavy tones out of mine. i want to try el34 and kt77s

I have 34's in mine and I'm not going back to 6L's. You should hear more of a vocal sound (more harmonic content?) slightly more compressed with a different middle (not as harsh). The gain is not as grainy to my ears and it is more focused and less flabby when pushed. You will lose some of the glassiness from the clean channel but it still sounds good to me. As far as heavy tones go, I'm not sure what your looking for. It gets **** close to brown on channel 3. I like the trick of pushing the front with a boost or od and dialing the pre gain back. Keeps it nice and tight! :D

Joe

Back