Effects usable in loop on 50 Cal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenF

Reaction score
I am finding the 50 cal's effect loop isn't that usable for my effects. Using my pedal's or Alesis Wedge (circa 1995 reverb unit) produces a high pitch squeal when attempting to turn up input volume on them. While this can be made to work by turning the effects levels down, in bypass mode this means the output difference is huge (effects on/bypass).

Does anyone know what types of effects one is really supposed to use in the effect loop? (other than using it as an out to another amp, PA, tuner, or other non-returning function.)

Will a G-Sharp work well in the loop? I am looking for a good delay/reverb/flange/chorus type effect like a G-Sharp or MidiVerb, or something. With the amp working right, I am finding I don't desire to use most of my pedals at all any more (Rocktron SilverDragon, Rocktron Chorus, Rocktron Compressor, CustomSelfMod'd Crybaby, BOSS AS-2)

Stephen

I also just got a 50 Cal + and was also wondering if the loop is serial or parallel?

Any effect with an input and output level control should work fine. You need to be able to lower the signal from the send, and raise it back up for the return.
I use an old Alesis Midiverb III with no problems. Interestingly, a Roland Space Echo works really well in the 50 cal. effects loop.

Back