Effects loop Mod....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveda

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am looking to get the mod done on my dual rectifier's effects loop to make it into a series loop. Anyone do this and not happy with the results? I am looking for some feedback. Thank you.

Steve.

I did it to my Tremoverb head and I was 100% satisfied with it. Boogie did tell me that my FX loop would no longer be able to be activated with the footswitch, but my amp tech guy looked at it and said it was a simple placement of the wires that would keep the footswitch working. He did it and my amp had a series loop that was footswitchable. It was under $50 too.

I modded my Rectoverb a couple days ago. Just called Mesa up, got them to email me the mod sheet. Took about 10 minutes. Now my delay pedal is usable!
I'm happy with the mod.

Melvin1011 said:
I modded my Rectoverb a couple days ago. Just called Mesa up, got them to email me the mod sheet. Took about 10 minutes. Now my delay pedal is usable!
I'm happy with the mod.

You did the mod yourself? How hard was it?

eaeolian said:
Melvin1011 said:
I'm happy with the mod.

You did the mod yourself? How hard was it?

It was easy, basically all I had to do was remove one wire and move another.

did you put a switch in for can switch from parallel to series??? i have the switch, but my guitar tec did it,,, but its cool to the choice to have both,, as i'm just starting to understand the parallel FX loop,,,

Can someone post the schematic for this mod? I want to convert my Rectoverb. Thanks :)

tele_jas said:
I did it to my Tremoverb head and I was 100% satisfied with it. Boogie did tell me that my FX loop would no longer be able to be activated with the footswitch, but my amp tech guy looked at it and said it was a simple placement of the wires that would keep the footswitch working. He did it and my amp had a series loop that was footswitchable. It was under $50 too.

did your solo boost still work? I heard that the fx loop mod also no longer allows you to use the solo boost, aside from it not being able to be foot switchable. Since your tech seems to have gotten around the footswitch part, i wonder about the solo boost part.

broknstuff said:
tele_jas said:

did your solo boost still work? I heard that the fx loop mod also no longer allows you to use the solo boost, aside from it not being able to be foot switchable. Since your tech seems to have gotten around the footswitch part, i wonder about the solo boost part.

The Tremoverbs don't have a solo boost, so I can't answer that question..... Sorry.

hey Malvin, I've got a problem with my boss DD-3 pedal, it's absolutely unusable while it's in my effects loop (i've got a rect-o-verb 2, head version). You mentioned you had a problem with it aswell, what was it, and how exactly did you mod your amp? i'm interested too.

Mikey_Sh said:
hey Malvin, I've got a problem with my boss DD-3 pedal, it's absolutely unusable while it's in my effects loop (i've got a rect-o-verb 2, head version). You mentioned you had a problem with it aswell, what was it, and how exactly did you mod your amp? i'm interested too.

I think I tried the same pedal through the loop and int sounded aweful, but I think it's because those pedals aren't set up for line level signals (like the kind coming out of a preamp), rather they are meant for instrument level signals (the kind coming out of a guitar pickup). The Boss DD-20 and I think one or two other delay pedals can handle line level signals, so can work with effect loops.

I have a 97' 2ch dual rectifier with parallel loop that I will have moded on Feb 1st by a super french tech that just have made a brand new high gain amp that's called MOLOSSOID.

I told him that I want a real serial loop without any bleeding between preamp section and poweramp section. (because I tried mods on my former single recto series2 and there was still bleeds...)
he told me that the bleeding can come out from the output tranny.

He answered me that he can do the trick and he has an idea to make sure that there will no bleeds anymore...

So let's wait and after feb 1st, I'll post about this mod.

Regards
Chris

I wish somebody would just post the factory mod. I emailed them and never got a reply.

Latest posts

Back