Effects Loop in Rectoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRazMeister

Reaction score
Hey guys...all of sudden my effects loop in the Rectoverb sounds distorted with certain effects plugged in. The clean channel has a ripped speaker sound with my Visual Sound H2O and Jeckyl & Hyde pedals. I;m running the loop at 90%(max) and noticed that the sound while not as bad, happened with my other delay pedal but NOT my Boss tuner. Is there a an effects loop tube?

Please clarify... You're not running a Jeckyl and Hyde in the loop are you?

I noticed that my OD pedals tend to clip really weird if I hid them with too much signal from my Guitar. I recently re-wired my Les Paul and messed with the bridge pickup height and the resulting signal increase was enough to make my pedals start sounding weird. I lowered the bridge pup a bunch and not only does it sound better, but it's not doing that anymore.

There is a tube that buffers the effects loop on most tube amps. Look up your manual and it'll tell you.

if you have that drive pedal in the loop GET IT OUT OF THERE.

Rocky said:
if you have that drive pedal in the loop GET IT OUT OF THERE.

Rocky, I tried each pedal individually and even without the J & H the delay pedal sounded like it was distorting the clean signal like a blown speaker. The overdrive does the same thing even without the pedal engaged. It's just weird that the only pedal that doesn't really clip the signal is my TU2 tuner..

Hey guys...check this out, as per Marcus at Mesa...if you push the channel master and NOT the amp output you get too much signal. I put the Output at 12:00 and pulled back the individual masters and all is well... pretty freaky but it worked.

Back