Effects-loop/chaining problem ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ave

Reaction score
Hello from England, may I prevail upon the members of this august Board for some advice on the subject of the Mk V's effects loop and the compatability of my array of pedals ?
90% of the gigs I do consist of my Mk V Head and two 1x12 Boogie cabs (one half-back and one Thiele - both vintage EV12L loaded) paired with a Gibson Les Paul De Luxe (1976) a Gibson ES 175 (1985) and a '62 Strat with just a very high quality lead between them - Heaven.
However I have recently been doing a somewhat long-term dep for a covers band and this necessitates quite a lot of what I term ' fairy-dust ' for the ubiquitous Floyd/Zep/ZZ/Hendrix/Metallawhoever genres.
The Fairy-dust chain goes :
Gtr - Boss TU2 Tuner - Morley Mini Wah/Vol - MXR Script Phase 90 -
MXR 132 Super Comp - MXR Distortion III - MkV input.
The loop goes :
MKV send - MXR MicroAmp (to balance single coil v humbucker output) - MXR Micro Flange - MXR Micro Chorus - Boss DD7 Delay - Boss RV5 Reverb - MKV return.
These are all powered from a Dunlop Power Brick DC10.
The loop chain is from the individual outputs from the Brick and the front end is from one 9v outlet from the Brick to the TU2 and thence a daisy-chain from the TU2's power output to the front-end pedals - with me so far ?
Good - it sounds dreadful !
Loop is thin,reedy,prone to occasional quacks,volume drop and it sucks the tone (esp. strat).
The front end is passable. The mix is dire. The MKV FX is at noon.
Have I got something out of order ? Are the pedals not compatible ? If I go front end with each individual pedal it sounds fine but I prefer my time and modulation in the loop.
Is it a power supply issue ?
Any suggestions warmly appreciated.

Back